PDA

View Full Version : mistral 8596 fridge freezer

darkangel
28-09-2010, 11:57 PM
i have a hotpoint mistral fridge freezer model no 8596 which up to the other day was working fine now the light in the fridge has stopped working and it wont go below 24 which is obviously to warm for a fridge has anyone any ideas to why the fridge is so high yet the freezer works fine any help would be greatfully recieved
big thanks darkangel

spimps
29-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Maybe the freezer evaporator is blocked with ice (hidden behind back wall of freezer)air is blown from the freezer via a duct to cool the fridge,could also be a fan failure.
If there is any sign of frost in the freezer the former may be the problem.
Empty freezer and switch complete appliance off for 24 hours leaving freezer door open.
Freezer fans don't start up until evap temp is -10c ish !

darkangel
29-09-2010, 05:39 PM
will do that now and report back m8 thanks for the advice not sure if this is relevant or not the bulb blew in the fridge and ive replaced it but the bulb still wont work

tb637
30-09-2010, 06:31 PM
hi the problem is in the freezer section, behind the back panel are two thermistors one with a green plug and one with a yellow plug. You need to change both.
tony.

darkangel
30-09-2010, 11:12 PM
cheers tb637 i did what spimps suggested and it still wont work the freezer at the min is -20 the fridge is still +23 and the fan in the freezer is still not spinning if you think its the two thermistors in the freezer are they easy to fit ie can i do it or have i got to get someone out im no expert but am willing to learn

spimps
01-10-2010, 08:22 AM
You should have error codes displayed on this one E1 etc
There is a thermistor /sensor in the fridge that controls fridge temp(pt no 2600284) or the baffle motor (2600239) may have failed.if you remove the complete bulb housing assembly,couple of screws this houses the baffle motor and the sensor runs into it.
You will when it is removed see the duct through which the cold air from freezer enters.
Run the fridge with the housing loose for half an hour if the cold air enters it's either of the two above,likely the sensor unless the baffle motor is faulty.
Thermistors on this one in the freezer don't control the fridge temps,if the freezer is ok problem is one of the two parts above.
CAREFUL WITH ELECTRICS

darkangel
01-10-2010, 03:24 PM
right now this sounds wierd to me but for some reason the light is now working again and when i place a wooden clothes peg in between the door and the switch that turns the light off on the fridge the temp now has gone down to 6+ so maybe the switch is knackered and the light is not gong off inside the fridge does that sound feasable

cheers

spimps
01-10-2010, 05:25 PM
There is a supply link from switch to baffle,so if switch closes,ie light on,baffle will close to prevent wasted cooling,if some one leaves door open etc.
Can't remember the wiring eactly but you probably have stumbled across cause.