PDA

View Full Version : c&g lv2 with 2079 advice

deric275
27-09-2010, 11:42 AM
hello all
ive just finished college and achieved my certs & f-gas and just thought that id ask for ideas about what my next move should be because the only experience that i have got is working on the systems at college which are 404a small commercial system. At the moment i work part time in a shop until 10am but am eager to get into the trade i have e-mailed a cpl local firms to see if i can 'tag' along for free just to get some exp to no avail & most job adverts require exp.
Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated
thanks
deric275:confused:

chilliwilly
27-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Just keep on doing what your doing. Eventually they will ring you if they need a hand with anything. You probably don't need me to tell you this but, see if they're hiring first before you volunteer your help.

A friend of mine got started with an older guy about 25 years ago. He was sat in a cafe in Scarborough that served Knickerbocker Glories. The icecream machine broke down and he volunteered to help him carry the machine out to his van and carried another one in. Because he got a bit sh!ttened up carrying the machine to the van. The guy asked him if he was doing anything else that day, and the next day, then he got started with him full time.

He ended up owning the company when the guy retired. He's now sold it and moved abroad. At the moment its about being in the right place at the right time. Don't worry your time will come. And it will be well worth the wait.

Anyway all the best.

cool runings
27-09-2010, 10:14 PM

I agree with Chilly.

Find your local refrigeration wholesaler NRS (climate centre), HRP, Dean & wood, NRW and others and put a few notices up.
Find all the companies within a 50 mile area to you and phone them or go round in person.
Show them you are determined, do not give up.

All the best

coolrunnings