PDA

View Full Version : xarios 500 h-p switch and injection thermostat

vtmpnate
27-09-2010, 04:37 AM
Gentlemen, we're currently working on a horribly mangled Xarios 500. The sorry beast has definitely seen better days. I'd tell the customer to just discard it but they really want to continue using the system and squeeze out some more service from what I think is just a 3-year old unit.

Here's what I'm looking at: cab command, defrost solenoid valve assembly, high-pressure switch, liquid injection thermostat, liquid injection valve assembly, and compressor pressure regulator are gone. Electric standby has been disabled. Wiring is like spaghetti. Swash-plate TM-16 (167cc) road compressor must have given up the ghost some time back and was replaced with a second-hand TM-125R (125cc reciprocating).

I'd like to try to resurrect the thing and would like to know the cut-out pressure for the high-pressure switch and cut-in, cut-out temp for the liquid injection. System will be recharged with R404a. Thanks for any and all help, guys.

radekklimat
27-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Ask around for parts somewhere in your area and how it will have on the site Thermo King will certainly get.

vtmpnate
27-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks raddeklimat but I was hoping to get suggestions for aftermarket substitutes, actually.

Some more added info: box is 17 cubic meters and customer is using it to transport ice cream from plant to depot, about 150km and at least 150 minutes away

radekklimat
27-09-2010, 08:14 PM
I'd help you but I live in Poland and you in the Philippines so far little

glynn
27-09-2010, 08:52 PM
hi i thing the hi mprees switch that controlls the fan cut in at 23 bar and cuts out at 18 the liqid injection cuts in at about 110 and cuts oua at about 8o i thinnk you can check this by puting your thermo cupling on the cdt and contiuaty tester on the switch hope this helps

vtmpnate
28-09-2010, 01:23 AM
@ radekklimat: thanks all the same though! It's the thought that counts :)

@ glynn: thanks for the info! I'll see if I can rustle up aftermarket substitutes with the same cut-in and cut-out pressure/temperature. There is no injection thermostat to test as the outfit that worked on this before had taken it out. This thing is a mess. But I'm enjoying the challenge :D

djjohnny
03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
How much ***** r 134 does a xarios 500 take?

radekklimat
03-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Xarios 500 should go to R404a (3.8 kg) had never appeared on R134a so I do not know how many of the gas charge
The compressor must be TM-16 will lose because of lower productivity
As a part of it in Poland where I live, the cost for all this will be the limit of 1,000 euros and it is very cheap because the site that were more than 2000 euros