PDA

View Full Version : TK KD II Code 35 and will not start

VOKS7780
26-09-2010, 09:45 PM
:rolleyes:Hi, I've been reading and following up on a lot of threads and here is my situation. I have a TK KD II that throws code 35. I've checked the voltage across my on/off switch and it is about 12.5V which I think is good. When I attempt to start I don't hear the normal buzzing sound, I hear one click at the starter but it never starts then throws code 35. Is it safe to determine that the run reley is bad? all of my fuses including F4 are good.

abbsnowman
27-09-2010, 03:10 AM
Have you checked the voltage at the starter when it tryes to start? Is this unit sharing the battery with the truck itself?
Sounds like bad voltage to me....

VOKS7780
27-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Yes this does share the battery with the truck. How much should my voltage read at starter at start? Truck starts right up with no issue though so that's why I ruled out the bad battery scenario.

moggy66
28-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Have you checked the voltage at the starter when it tryes to start? Is this unit sharing the battery with the truck itself?
Sounds like bad voltage to me....

I'm with Abbs, check your battery connections at the Battery and the starter if there both good and not corroded possible a starter failure

abbsnowman
28-09-2010, 06:31 AM
The voltage would be surprisingly low if starter is actualy turning engine over but that doesn't sound like the case here. Just because the truck is ok, there may still be a bad connection on reefer.
Do you have a wiring schematic? That would help follow voltage drop. Also... lets not forget that the gound is as important as possotive. Use the box for testing ground, not the reefer.
Hope this helps..

tspgr
28-09-2010, 07:08 AM
CHECK THE 7K CABLE AND IF YOUR COMPRESOR HP VALVE WORKS NORMALY ...

Mixalis

gravy258
29-09-2010, 08:08 AM
didn't think sharing the battery with the truck was a good idea, what with the fridge and the truck having alternators.

jump the connections on the starter and see if it cranks over. If so check the run relay circuit.
The starter excite wire has a habit of packing up when old.