PDA

View Full Version : Bosch Classixx Fridg Freezer - Freezer not working

YORKMOORS
26-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I have not used my fridge freezer for 2 years so it was unplugged and defrosted. I now need it again so last night I plugged it back in and this morning the fridge is working but not the freezer. What could be wrong - pls advise

monkey spanners
26-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Its broke. Or you may need to leave it longer to see if it works, where has it been stored? Somewhere cold? Where are you running it? They are designed for the typical ambient temp found in a kitchen so if its in or has been in the garage it may need time to warm up.

YORKMOORS
26-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Thanks for your reply. Yes the fridge freezer was stored for 1 year in an outside garage whlst not been used. It has now been brought indoors so hopefully it is the ambient temperature reason.

mikeref
27-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Check the freezer fan may be seized. fridges that have been in service then put into storage with doors closed tend to have problems with inside fan motors restarting.. mike

tb637
28-09-2010, 12:44 AM
hi, If the fridge has been left 2 years without being plugged in i think it will be low on gas. Switch it on and feel if the compressor end of the condensor is getting hot. If it's low on gas it will only be warm.
tony.