PDA

View Full Version : Designed and Serviced for Customer Pain

jskashyap
25-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I am a farmer growing flowers in India. I got the cold store designed by Zanotti partners - Motherson Zanotti - in India to store Lilium Bulbs. I requested them to add a standby system so that if one machine fails we can use the other machine so that we don't expose the bulbs to higher temperature that could break their dormancy.

We installed machine and temperature of minus 2 degrees was tested in the cold room. We loaded the cold room and to our horror, the minimum temperature during day time was only +3-4 degrees. I called the company and they said the mistakes happen. It took them over ten days to attend to it. They put the standby system to work in tandem with the other system so both together could control the temperature. It worked for two days and again the temperature rose higher. We got to know that there were no defrosting system installed. We called company who said that when temperature comes to zero degrees this ice will melt and temperature will again go back to minus 2 degrees. This never happened. I'm sure you all know the reason why ice won't melt at zero degrees on its own.

Then the engineer installed some heaters that we have to switch on to make sure the condenser doesn't get clogged with ice. In the whole process i had incurred huge loss as the bulbs sprouted inside the cold (not so cold) Room only. There was no way i could plant them in bulk as it is not commercially feasible.

Motherson Zanotti knows they have done wrong design and their engineer has accepted it. Yet they are not ready to rectify it nor pay for the damage they have caused. they have simply stopped even replying to e-mails.

I simply don't know who to resolve it. I'm keen to get some reply from Zanotti, Italy if they would approve of such work by their Indian unit. Hope someone relies to tis message.

nike123
25-09-2010, 11:39 AM
That is more problem with your advocate who should predict such situation and insert in contract what to do if that happens. I would say bad contract. Learn to live with it.

NoNickName
25-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Sue them for compensation of loss of product.
I know them well and also know that they are not able to do it right whatever.
Hope you didn't pay them yet.
If you look for past threads in this forum, you will realise that zanotti is on for the least position in the rank of realibility and dependability.
Lots of bad reviews.

SS shah
30-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Condensor getting clogged with ice? ( the cold room seems to be installed somewhere in Himalayas??????????????????? Are you sure?
please check with the customer once again how does he grow bulbs in Himalays .
Secondly India is a very huge country , where in India is your problem coming , something to do with outside condition is possible . to analyse the problem the place should be known .
your message is serious but then is also incomplete. If compnay is not listening, maybe you have not paid the full money to them or you can go through othe estemmed courts of india and file a case aginst them for not rendering service .
I am very much intrested in helping you as problems seems very small but your questions seems to have a lot of missing links.
please provide full details for members to analyse the solution for you.
cold room size
capaicty of cold room
temperature of cold room
your name and address
condensing unit model and serial number
evapoartaor model and number of fans and evaporator serial number
cfm of evaporator
humidity inside the rrom
type and make of humidifier
controller for humidity and humidifer
gas bank for remaoval of ethylene( i hope you know this )
make of gas bank and pipe sizes of ethylene removing pipes
ethylene monitor and control make
i hope we memberd are very eager to help you out , but you should post all detailspoint by point for analysis , otherwise it seems non worthy of writing these kind of posts and seeking unjustified remedies

Chill Zone
30-10-2010, 10:26 AM
Condensor getting clogged with ice? ( the cold room seems to be installed somewhere in Himalayas??????????????????? Are you sure?
please check with the customer once again how does he grow bulbs in Himalays .
Secondly India is a very huge country , where in India is your problem coming , something to do with outside condition is possible . to analyse the problem the place should be known .
your message is serious but then is also incomplete. If compnay is not listening, maybe you have not paid the full money to them or you can go through othe estemmed courts of india and file a case aginst them for not rendering service .
I am very much intrested in helping you as problems seems very small but your questions seems to have a lot of missing links.
please provide full details for members to analyse the solution for you.
cold room size
capaicty of cold room
temperature of cold room
your name and address
condensing unit model and serial number
evapoartaor model and number of fans and evaporator serial number
cfm of evaporator
humidity inside the rrom
type and make of humidifier
controller for humidity and humidifer
gas bank for remaoval of ethylene( i hope you know this )
make of gas bank and pipe sizes of ethylene removing pipes
ethylene monitor and control make
i hope we memberd are very eager to help you out , but you should post all detailspoint by point for analysis , otherwise it seems non worthy of writing these kind of posts and seeking unjustified remedies
All blame game, why dont you resolve it amicabally, even if temo is _3 deg with 1 machine, in any case by adding 2nd mc it will be very easily attained. I dont know what resolution you want from Company. If you are not satisfied sue them with all proofs of service reports, acceptance of company for bad work etc etc (u must be having all with you).
Dont worry they will come to you on knees.

Chill Zone
30-10-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey u r very new to RE. Welcome to RE.:D

cadwaladr
01-11-2010, 12:44 AM
how many quotes did you get for this application? did you go for the cheapest however you should have got as many as possible then ask why some specs/prices are different,moral to this story is do your homework sadly it seems zanotti have messed up sue them yes but what about your immediate loss?