PDA

View Full Version : Pr products

coolhibby1875
25-09-2010, 09:55 AM
hi all it seems WR have bought PR Products, just wondering what everyone thinks about thier packs and condensing units, are they any good?

Silhouette
26-09-2010, 04:52 PM
PR packs are the same as most others, you get some good and some bad! The newer ones seem to be ok though.

bill1983
26-09-2010, 04:55 PM
their packs are pretty reliable but sensitive on the oil return side. high pressure oil return to scroll packs used to need modification to lp return from temprite oil sep otherwise oil had a tendancy to flow directly through compressor to discharge. liked their backup system, in fact preferred it to rdm controller. should have used siemens main control as well as backup. wiring diagrams clear and comprehensive. tech support, ie gary second to none. worked with their gear for over 20 years in various guises so i guess that qualifies my opinion.
cheers

chillled
07-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Must be good for wr! Arneg too?

top engineer
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
are you talking about pr plant in pontardawe if so i doubt very much if wr bought them out.

coolhibby1875
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
are you talking about pr plant in pontardawe if so i doubt very much if wr bought them out.

hi top engineer, yes i was talking about pr plant in pontardawe, and i can assure you very much that WR did buy them out, they are using it to build thier new range of c02 plant that the hurre group designed, they also are still building all the other packs and condensing units that pr done before!!

Colin G
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
hi top engineer, yes i was talking about pr plant in pontardawe, and i can assure you very much that WR did buy them out, they are using it to build thier new range of c02 plant that the hurre group designed, they also are still building all the other packs and condensing units that pr done before!!

is it going to be a re-brand?

top engineer
11-10-2010, 12:25 AM
one of my best mates got layed off from pr in the summer the company went into liquidation and by the way they have never built condensing units in pontardawe he also tells me the factory has been stripped of every fixture and fitting and is now up for sale

coolhibby1875
11-10-2010, 08:53 AM
one of my best mates got layed off from pr in the summer the company went into liquidation and by the way they have never built condensing units in pontardawe he also tells me the factory has been stripped of every fixture and fitting and is now up for sale

whatever!!

coolhibby1875
11-10-2010, 08:54 AM
is it going to be a re-brand?

HI Colin,

yes i think they are branding it as wr products !!
not sure that is a good thing as the wr part might put people of!!

CJG21
12-10-2010, 01:48 PM
HI Colin,

yes i think they are branding it as wr products !!
not sure that is a good thing as the wr part might put people of!!

What makes you think that :p

coolhibby1875
12-10-2010, 02:57 PM
What makes you think that :p

just looking at some of the posts from the past there seems to be a lot of resentment and bitterness on here towards them, i dont know why :D

top engineer
25-11-2010, 09:06 PM
just to update you on this new venture which certain people seem to think is up and running the factory is nowhere near ready to start production and wil be lucky to be ready feb 2011.