PDA

View Full Version : Altherma Error Code A6

Novecento
24-09-2010, 08:30 AM
I have a Daikin Altherma HT (ERSQ011AAY1/EKHBRD011AY1) 11kW heat pump.

I get an Error Code A6 on the display panel and the red LED light on the panel starts blinking. This error already happened twice this week. When it happend, the Central Heating hot water production stops although the Domestic Hot Water production still works.

I checked the manual and it says M1P pump failure.

Any ideas if this require professional assistance or if I can fix it?

Brian_UK
24-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Can you access the pump?

Is it air locked, is it free to rotate ?

nike123
25-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I have a Daikin Altherma HT (ERSQ011AAY1/EKHBRD011AY1) 11kW heat pump.

I get an Error Code A6 on the display panel and the red LED light on the panel starts blinking. This error already happened twice this week. When it happend, the Central Heating hot water production stops although the Domestic Hot Water production still works.

I checked the manual and it says M1P pump failure.

Any ideas if this require professional assistance or if I can fix it?

It look like diverting valve is having problem or central heating system water filter (if it is separate one) is dirty.

Every year before start of heating season your system should be examined and started by professional. Pump (and other moving parts on water side) could block after staying still for prolonged period of time (non-heating season) and need to be manualy started (by screwdriver) before start up of system if unit doesnt have prevention of pump blockage.

brunstar
06-12-2010, 11:36 PM
yes i would say a dirty filter..

roger head
07-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Filter is not to tricky to get to on these units its on the water return towards the bottom left of the unit worth cleaning fairly regular any way. Roger