PDA

View Full Version : Vortice Lineo 250 Extractor Fans - noise problem

SeyBrew
24-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Hello,

My company are installing some extractor fans into a series of luxury villas.

What we are experiencing is that some of the fan's installed are making a loud humming sound (bit like an aircraft engine) and not really performing very well, whilst others are perfect, good performance and silent as the grave.

The fans are two-speed and we have moved them all down to low-speed but still have this problem. Only things we can think of is that there is a problem with the louvres on some of the villas, or that the fan-blades may be spinning the wrong way somehow.

Was just hoping that someone out-there might have had a similar problem.

Thanks

Brian_UK
24-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Is the voltage correct?

Is the cabling/connections correct/good.

Any obstructions to the air flow?

Yuri B.
25-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Hello.
If I encountered such a problem I would test each individual fan at my place before installing it at the next villa and check if the sound level emitted coincide with its specifications (even being of the same brand their performance - noisewise - may differ).

chemi-cool
25-09-2010, 05:46 PM
These are excellent fans.
There are basically two things that make noise in fans: bad bearings, angel of the wing.

The sound is a major factor and in any catalogue you can find it.

Check that the frames are well mounted in their place.
maybe use foam stripes between the fan frame and the building frame, it can absorb the vibrations.

nike123
25-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Hello,

My company are installing some extractor fans into a series of luxury villas.

What we are experiencing is that some of the fan's installed are making a loud humming sound (bit like an aircraft engine) and not really performing very well, whilst others are perfect, good performance and silent as the grave.

The fans are two-speed and we have moved them all down to low-speed but still have this problem. Only things we can think of is that there is a problem with the louvres on some of the villas, or that the fan-blades may be spinning the wrong way somehow.

Was just hoping that someone out-there might have had a similar problem.

Thanks

These are duct type fans. Their performance is depending on restrictions in duct. Make sure that duct restriction (length , diameter, number of elbows etc..) is compatible with these fans.

You could try exchange places with silent ones to see if that is problem with fan or duct and grilles. Check instalation manual.