PDA

View Full Version : DIY Triangular Refrigerator?

Durff
24-09-2010, 03:15 AM
Hi,
I've been searching on the web for anything relating to making a custom triangular refrigerator but have so far come up empty. In theory, it seems straight forward to change a regular fridge into a triangluar fridge and I was just wondering if there was something I was missing. I plan on cutting the sides off of this fridge: (Edit:can't post links on first post. Google "5995512455-001" to see manual)
All of the guts of the fridge are attached to the back panel, so I don't think I would be cutting off anything important. I plan on re-using the back of the fridge, the door, and the freezer door and rebuilding the sides. Any suggestions/warnings for a refrigerator newbie?
Thanks,
Durff

mikeref
24-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Can i be so bold as to ask why?

Durff
24-09-2010, 04:24 PM
Sure,
Redid the kitchen, and in the process realized that optimal placement of fridge in my configuration is in the corner. Also, I just love cutting things up with a sawzall. Anyone with any kind of experience doing this kind of thing before?
Thanks,
Durff

mikeref
24-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Durff, might be just me but i think there's a lot of trouble coming your way. Apart from loosing heaps of storage space, there's the matter of refrigeration lines hidden inside the walls and electrics as well. Also the rear of the fridge must be away from the wall to allow for ventilation, therefore no snug fit into corner. No..never have i thought about attempting a project like this.. mike.