PDA

View Full Version : Thermonomics

Fett
23-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Has anyone heard of Thermonomics before? If so can you give me any imformation on it?

cool runings
23-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Has anyone heard of Thermonomics before? If so can you give me any imformation on it?

Google is your friend.

http://www.thermonomics.net/how-does-it-work.shtml

Seems like a way of charging you for somthing that the company invented.

Copied and pasted from their site.

How Does It Work?

What is Thermonomics®?

Thermonomics is a word we created. Nonetheless, it reflects a very powerful and very real idea:
the process of turning waste energy into usable dollars.
Air conditioning and refrigeration unit are your facility’s biggest “energy guzzlers,” and can account for over
70% of your electric bill… even when they’re new and operating perfectly. After just a few years, these
cooling systems start to rapidly lose their efficiency because of oil migration and buildup, costing you even more money.

We reverse and permanently prevent this build-up with a simple one-time application of our patented restorative
agent, which was specially engineered for this purpose by a Dupont surface chemist. The process typically takes
no more time and is no more complicated than adding ***** to your system. No down time. No interruptions. As a
result, your equipment cools more efficiently, runs less, and therefore consumes less electricity. End of story.

anyone who puts chemicals into fridges is looking for trouble in my opinion.

all the best

coolrunnings

Fett
23-09-2010, 09:23 PM
Thank you.

Their sales rep had aproached our general manager and he had asked me my thoughts. I have spent the last hour or so digging around the web for more information. I had just advised him against it and that adding anything other than refrigerant and refrigerant oil is a bad idea.

Their sales rep said that they are in the business of ROI. Return on Investment.

-Fett

taz24
24-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Thank you.

Their sales rep had aproached our general manager and he had asked me my thoughts. I have spent the last hour or so digging around the web for more information. I had just advised him against it and that adding anything other than refrigerant and refrigerant oil is a bad idea.

Their sales rep said that they are in the business of ROI. Return on Investment.

-Fett

I think you have the right opinion.

Just remember that for most systems the oil will move around the pipework but it
will also return the the comps, it should do otherwise the comps fail due to lack of oil.

What adatives would do to oil to make them return to the compresser I do not know.
But diluting the oil will stop the oil being oil and it will then not work like oil.

If it was meant to be in the system then the manufacturer would have put it in to start with.

taz