PDA

View Full Version : Car AC system volume

Vijay82
23-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Hi,

Can anyone please let me know whats the maximum car AC system volume(litres) thats now available in the market.

I got an information that maximum car AC system volume is 5litres. Is that right?

Regards
Vijay

NoNickName
23-09-2010, 08:30 AM
What is this question heading to? What is the usefulness of knowing the guinness record of refrigerant charge in a mobile air conditioner?

Vijay82
23-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Im now in a project of designing an AC recovery machine for Automobile service stations. Thats why i need to know the volume of the car ac system.

Brian_UK
23-09-2010, 10:43 PM
Just use a standard size recovery cylinder.

Or check with your competitors equipment to see what they use.

To be honest I would be surprised to find a car with that much refrigerant in circuit.

mikeref
23-09-2010, 11:22 PM
Im now in a project of designing an AC recovery machine for Automobile service stations. Thats why i need to know the volume of the car ac system.
The average is 850g for a vehicle with one evaporator. Vehicles have a sticker in the engine bay as to exact amount required.. mike.

Vijay82
24-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Hai Brain,

For your information the volume that i mentioned in my question includes the pipe volume too. As far as the datas i have collected maximum amount of refrigerant in a car is 1.15kg.

Regards
Vijay