PDA

View Full Version : LG Artcool water problem

fridge doctor
23-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Hey all,

LG Artcool 24,000Btu. Been to this machine twice in 6 months. Domestic use, not over-used. Water being thrown out of the airway (air off).

6 months ago, after trying various things, I steam cleaned the reverse section of the evap... you know the bit that leans backwards forming a pyramid shape with the front coil... Anyway, it seemed to me that condensate was not running cleanly down the fins and into the tray, but was somehow being obstructed and forming bigger drops which were then dropping on to the fan. After cleaning (it really wasn't bad) the problem was cured. Now I have been back and done exactly the same thing again, just cleaned the rear facing section of the evap, and again problem cured. Thing is, there is no obvious crap coming out of it.... Anyone else had a similar problem?

stefs_cruiser
23-09-2010, 06:41 AM
Check your refrigerant charge, suspect its a few 100 grams under...

exotiic
23-09-2010, 07:25 AM
Was thinking the same thing as stefs cruiser, sounds like may be a little short. That doesn't explain though the 6 month intervals between the problem, or is that just when they alert you of usage?

fridge doctor
24-09-2010, 05:36 AM
You guys must have some reason to think this.... care to say what the theory is? (If you are thinking heavy build up at the point of entry into the evap - then no).