PDA

View Full Version : Out the Army soon

Daz97
22-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Hello all,

I've currently got just over 12mths left in the Army (REME, vehicle mechanic by trade) and i'm based in Stafford until i leave. Am currently looking to use my resettlement on air con/refrigeration training.

If anyone has ANY top tips regarding training/courses, employment, jobs out there, areas to maybe focus on qaulification wise etc, it will be greatfully received.

Andyc425, i've read your reply to GMG with regards to Enhanced Learning Credits & will look at the tech trg website. Do you have any info about H.A.L training services (based in Doncaster) other than whats on their website? Hope you've settle well outside the mob..Cheers mate

Thank you all in advance for replys

Yours nervously getting out
Daz

djbe
23-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Hello all,

I've currently got just over 12mths left in the Army (REME, vehicle mechanic by trade) and i'm based in Stafford until i leave. Am currently looking to use my resettlement on air con/refrigeration training.

If anyone has ANY top tips regarding training/courses, employment, jobs out there, areas to maybe focus on qaulification wise etc, it will be greatfully received.

Andyc425, i've read your reply to GMG with regards to Enhanced Learning Credits & will look at the tech trg website. Do you have any info about H.A.L training services (based in Doncaster) other than whats on their website? Hope you've settle well outside the mob..Cheers mate

Thank you all in advance for replys

Yours nervously getting out
Daz

Hi Daz,

Whats the crack with training before you get out? Are you able to choose trade specific course that will be paid for as part of resettlement?

Cheers,
djbe.

r.bartlett
23-09-2010, 10:39 PM
I would try to do another year if you can . Aim for mid 2012> as the economy should (hopefully) be starting to see the first real signs of recovery..

2011 is going to be a very tough year:confused:

Daz97
26-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Hello mate,
Yea you can pretty much choose any course you like. You get a set amount of cash and if the course holds holds an nvq lvl 3 or higher, you can use ELC (Enhaced Learning Credits). There are a few requirements that need to be met by the course supplier but that's the basics of it.
Personally I was looking at doing a 15 day cse before April 2011, then maybe claim the education grant on a specific side of air con/refrigeration.
Hope this answers
cheers
Daz

Daz97
26-09-2010, 11:56 AM
I would try to do another year if you can . Aim for mid 2012> as the economy should (hopefully) be starting to see the first real signs of recovery..

2011 is going to be a very tough year:confused:

R.Bartlett
cheers for advice mate,
wish I could stay another but unfortunatly I'm at the end of my 22years in Nov 2011. It's all over for me!! Haha
Hope things pick up for everyone
cheers
Daz

charlie25
28-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Hi Daz,
I'm currently on gardening leave and have been since July. I attended the 15 day air con refrigeration course with tech train using my ELC. I found the course instructors(whom are all ex military) very good the course itself is straight forward. I have been work for an air conditioning company in Newcastle since July and used all off my leave left and resettlement to allow me to do this, my MO was onside. One of the lads attended the 15 day course at HAL in Doncaster and wasn't impressed to say the least. I'm in with the boss at the end of the week to sort out a contract as I've been working for nothing as I was still getting paid by the Army. All the best with the future mate just be prepared to work for nowt and gain experience and you never know.

Charlie ;)

Quality
28-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Technique training are Good

Techtrain are Good

Polar Pumps are good

I would not recommend Your mentioned not impressed center

There are loads of centers now offering similar courses
try Gastec or Tiagra training

The choice is yours ;)

Daz97
29-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Quality thanks mate,
I've just read your other reply in 'training'. Miuch appreciated
Cheers
Daz

Daz97
29-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Hi Daz,
I'm currently on gardening leave and have been since July. I attended the 15 day air con refrigeration course with tech train using my ELC. I found the course instructors(whom are all ex military) very good the course itself is straight forward. I have been work for an air conditioning company in Newcastle since July and used all off my leave left and resettlement to allow me to do this, my MO was onside. One of the lads attended the 15 day course at HAL in Doncaster and wasn't impressed to say the least. I'm in with the boss at the end of the week to sort out a contract as I've been working for nothing as I was still getting paid by the Army. All the best with the future mate just be prepared to work for nowt and gain experience and you never know.

Charlie ;)

Charlie thanks pal,
Working for free on REN leave and my saved up time off was on my to do list. I just cant see any other way of gaining a potential employers confidence without any experience.
Thems the break eh! :D

Good luck with your contract mate, i'm sure it'll work out.
All the best

Daz