PDA

View Full Version : trainee refrigeration engineer

changy
19-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I am looking to change career and have recently completed a BTEC ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN REFRIGERATION ,HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING and am looking for a job as a trainee refrigeration engineer,has anyone got any suggestions where I would start am looking to get into the supermarket refrigeration sector.

cool runings
19-09-2010, 07:06 PM
I am looking to change career and have recently completed a BTEC ADVANCED DIPLOMA IN REFRIGERATION ,HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING and am looking for a job as a trainee refrigeration engineer,has anyone got any suggestions where I would start am looking to get into the supermarket refrigeration sector.

You need to contact all the companies who do supermarket contracts.

City FM
WR
Space
GSH
Honeywell
Carters

to name a few.

Do a search and find there addresses..

All the best

coolrunnings

dean_thomas
01-11-2010, 05:38 PM
hi there Changy
how did you get on ??
im in the same position as you
looking for employment in the refrigeration industry after leaving vauxhall motors.
now looking to retrain and do a crash
course in refrigeration
can you help?
any ideas?
thanks Dean

Colin G
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
looking for employment in the refrigeration industry after leaving vauxhall motors.

Where you a powertrain testing engineer?

R55
21-09-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi guys how are you getting on? I'll be in the same postion as you soon just completing my btec in hvac and refrigeration and then looking at doing a practical course to gain fgas, city and guilds etc.

chillerman2006
21-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Hi changy

if I was in your boots mate, would be looking at a/c or small commercial first

a company that would take an engineer straight from college into quite an elite area of refrigeration (pack systems)

would be a rather suicidal move in mho, theres quite a bit to this game & you will find the ride/step alot easier on the smaller equipment first

the supermarket service engineers really need to fully understand refrigeration to be able to look after kit of that scale

I know quite a few service managers and they employ on experience not certificates, aim lower get your experience

and then move up to the bigger stuff :)

R's chillerman