PDA

View Full Version : Vivaro/Back Problems ?

Latte
29-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Has anyone else who drives a vivaro suffered from back problems.

For the last few months my back has been aching like mad but i now have changed jobs and vans and am now driving a Citroen Dispatch and have not had even a twinge from my back.

i was in HRP Bury a couple of weeks ago speaking to some engineers from a company i worked for a LONG !! time ago and they both said, if they drive a lot of miles in their Vivaro's their back hurt.

Is this a common occurance among Vivaro drivers or are we just old and had it out this end of the world

regards

Fatboy

bernard
29-06-2005, 09:32 PM
Hi I find us 30 plus engineers all suffer from back pain and since entering the supermarket sector I find the engineers just love a winge

Its to cold not enough overtime

Its to hot I never see my family

We have some vivaro drivers I shall ask them and I know they will say,now you come to mention it my back does hurt.

Have you moved back to the supermarkets then?

Best regards Bernard :)

chemi-cool
29-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi Raymond,
Thats the reason why I drive French cars - driver's comfort.

I will not let my daughter marry a Frenchman though!

I am checking the Toyota Avansis mini van turbo diesel auto.
looks just fine to me, lots of space, drivers comfort, very reliable
And fast.........

Chemi :)

chillin out
29-06-2005, 10:30 PM
I drive a vivaro and my back is ok, but it doesn`t half hurt my backside :(
I used to drive a transit and that was MUCH better, CD player, air con.. well comfy :)

Latte
29-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Hi Bernard,

What can i say, Loved my old job but got offered a position that was too good to turn down. NO SUPERMARKETS !!!!!.
Mainly air con, desperatly need to read up on VRV's
2 compressors ??? one that hardly ever runs (Standby) and one that revs up and down (Inverter). Nearly had a heart attack first time i had to look at one.

Chemi, I don't think i will let my daughter marry anyone :eek:

Bernard, Didn't think i missed a/c until last weekend, thank goodness new van has it.

Just thinking out loud now but isnt that a good advert to refrig & a/c companies when their engineers turn up during summer looking like they have been in a sauna because their own vans not fitted with a/c

Regards

Fatboy

Andy W
29-06-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a Renault Trafic which is identical to the Vivaro and the Primastar, no back problems caused by the seats but I did suffer a back problem in 1983 when I fell off a cold room but thats another story. I purchased my van new last september with air con, electric windows and mirrors and some other goodies, was it worth the money?..............the biggest load of rubbish I have ever purchased, been in the garage 6 times now and they still can not sort out the problems, Renault are working on a fix before a mass recall but I have been shown the document "unoffically" by a Renault mechanic as the document does not exist apparently. Fiat Scudo, far superior in my opinion.

Latte
29-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Hi Andy,

I am very surprised to hear about your'e Renault. I know Vauxhall have had major problems with the Vivaro engines and gearboxes but i thought each make had their own drivetrain on them.The Vauxhalls have problems with EGR valves casing them to go 30mph and forget about the gearbox's after 60,000.

Whats going on with your'e Renault

Regards

Fatboy

Andy W
30-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Hi Andy,

I am very surprised to hear about your'e Renault. I know Vauxhall have had major problems with the Vivaro engines and gearboxes but i thought each make had their own drivetrain on them.The Vauxhalls have problems with EGR valves casing them to go 30mph and forget about the gearbox's after 60,000.

Whats going on with your'e Renault

Regards

FatboyRight from day 1, rear light cluster full of water, lack of power (fueling), day 5, alternator went up in smoke literally, poor fueling, was bleeding the fuel filter weekly, Renault could not find the problem, fuel filter body replaced, next day top hose of fuel filter body leaking fuel and taking on more air, replaced the hose myself, air mass meter packed up, ABS relay replaced, air bag relay replaced, 3 fuel relays replaced, software reloaded on the ECU twice, van much better but wait for this.....right from day one after a run park up for a few minutes, start up and pull off, change gear and the revs are stuck on high, could it be the throttle pedal actuator (electronic) could it be fueling or the ECU, the guy in the garage showed me a bulletin from Renault saying they are aware of this problem and "DO NOT" replace any parts as the engineers in France are working on an electronic fix and will then recall the affected vehicled in chassis numbers***** which mine is right in the middle of them, he was of course not supposed to of shown me this. The van itself is well built, well finished and big enough for service and installations just that I think mine was the "Friday afternoon build" van or lemon.