PDA

View Full Version : Tosh VRF Problems

billywizz
15-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Any advice would be appreciated on best way to proceed. A three module Super Heat Recovery system has started to have problems with slave unit U3-H01-01 & 02 (Compressor Breakdown) Unit is MMY-MAP0802FT8. On startup comps start ok then after short period Amps exceed plated value and unit trips on H01 code, problem started with comp1 and now comp2 does the same. Winding resistances seem ok and insulation ok. Other units operate ok. Gut feeling makes me think problem may be downsteam of comps but will probably be wrong! Any ideas chaps?

nike123
16-09-2010, 08:55 AM
How about power supply voltage?
Is it AC220–240V ± 10% (196-264V) at that particular unit and at all time?

r.bartlett
16-09-2010, 11:10 PM
We have 13 of these systems and the only ones we had compressor trouble from was the triple. We 'lost' at least four compressors and in the end I had Amp Air technical down to inspect the system and check it over. (even though it had been commissioned by Toshiba ) I was told that often if you lose one compressor you'll lose the other one and this was the case, However we have changed the compressors and boards and it has run ok for 18 months trouble free (apart from those bloody IPDU fan boards)
Phone the Toshiba tech line as they are pretty good and usually spot on (only once ever gave me duff info)