PDA

View Full Version : Inverting cycle without stopping the compressor

DEVITG
13-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Due a need to attain the lowest hysteresis possible , I intend to not stop the compressor and to cycle the reverse valve.

The out unit is a Scroll 5tr , and the evaporator is it's matching unit.
It is used in a seed germination chamber.

I do not want to stop the compressor , as per manufacturer specs the compressor could not cycle more than 10 times by the our.

What inconvenient shall become?

Evaporating coil is just 1,5 meter over the Out side base plate.
Pipe run horizontal from Evaporator by 7 meters.
Pipes are 3/4" and 1/2"

Thanks in advance

monkey spanners
13-09-2010, 09:47 PM
I don't think it is a good idea, in an instant the condenser becomes the evaporator and i believe the compressor will suffer from liquid slugging.

A few years ago my colleague fitted a condensate pump to a 60,000btu heat pump but wired it wrong so that when the pump ran it fed the reversing valve, it really sounded nasty when it went into reverse.
A few months later he was out there fitting a new compressor, i don't know if the two things were related but wouldn't be at all surprised.

DEVITG
13-09-2010, 11:50 PM
The out door units have a suction accumulator , any way I will take your advice in count.

NoNickName
14-09-2010, 07:27 AM
It is possible to revert the cycle without stopping the compressor, but a suction accumulator must be installed in front of the compressor, as it looks like here.

nike123
14-09-2010, 10:54 AM
I have Fujitsu window type Ac (6kW) which, in heating mode goes in defrost and out of defrost (inverting cycle) without stopping compressor, over 12 years without any damage. It has accumulator.