PDA

View Full Version : difference between flooded & liquid overfeed system????

barry.feng
12-09-2010, 01:04 AM
anyone pls tell the difference between the two systems//

thx !!

i confuse them all the time..

Magoo
12-09-2010, 02:49 AM
same same, just technical terminology.

Toolman
12-09-2010, 03:11 AM
Just check the capillary diameter is correct for the capacity of the systems compressor ( most wholesalers have this info in there catalogs or find on the web ) , then you can get the gas charge right , remember best to charge without the fans running if it has any fans. http://www.actrol.com.au/techPapers/EmersonHelpGuide.pdf

tonyelian
12-09-2010, 09:04 AM
hi
flooded system meant that the refrigerant is fed from down to up
over feeding is not a system just too much refrigerant in any system

NH3LVR
12-09-2010, 06:28 PM
anyone pls tell the difference between the two systems//

IF you are speaking of Industrial systems the difference is simple.
A flooded system uses a accumulator mounted above the evaporator. One leg supplies liquid to the evap and the other returns gas and liquid.
The other is the liquid overfeed. This uses a pump to insure that the coil is flooded. A common practice is to pump 3-4 times more liquid than is evaporated. This is why it is called overfeed.
Please remember that this is the terminology in my part of the world. Other areas may well use other descriptions.

barry.feng
13-09-2010, 05:43 AM
A flooded system uses a accumulator mounted above the evaporator. One leg supplies liquid to the evap and the other returns gas and liquid.
The other is the liquid overfeed. This uses a pump to insure that the coil is flooded. A common practice is to pump 3-4 times more liquid than is evaporated. This is why it is called overfeed.
Please remember that this is the terminology in my part of the world. Other areas may well use other descriptions.
NH3LVR, thx a lot!!!

I got the words "overfeed"&"flooded" from ASHRAE Refrigeration..

i understand it according to ur explanation...

barry.feng
13-09-2010, 05:45 AM
hi
flooded system meant that the refrigerant is fed from down to up
over feeding is not a system just too much refrigerant in any system
thx very much, tonyelian!!!

Grizzly
13-09-2010, 08:19 AM

Very good post.
Thanks Grizzly