PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc QD0602A

dog417
11-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I have a qd0602a that will make several loads of ice and then all of a sudden it stops. Opening and closing the curtain does nothing. The only way to re-start is to power down and re-power. I am a bit new to these. Any ideas?:(

FEISTY
11-09-2010, 04:32 PM
The circuit board stores 100 fault codes. As long as you do not turn off MAIN POWER the memory holds. If you turn off toggle switch...ice--off--water the memory also holds. If they are still there count the LED flashes to guide you to possible problem. Code bible is on inside door sticker. If all is erased cycle the unit and see what happens. Time out complete cycles to get an idea if production is within normal specs. Manitowoc will allow 3 re-starts before locking out entire unit. Also ask questions of the staff. Try and get some idea when unit stops making ice. Does it fill overnight but stops uring day? You need to filter what you hear since you rarely get the truth but sometimes the customer tells the truth while covering up with a lie. Manitowoc tech support is 800-545-5720. Great tech help but they ask basic questions you need answers to. If you don't have a set of tech books, find them. They usually get you to where you want to be. Good luck. If you write back, try to have specific info of what it is or isn't doing and patterns. We can't help if we don't know.

Deniver45
12-09-2010, 03:26 AM
I have a qd0602a that will make several loads of ice and then all of a sudden it stops. Opening and closing the curtain does nothing. The only way to re-start is to power down and re-power. I am a bit new to these. Any ideas?:(
Hey,

I do lots of Ice machines; in fact I did a double TXV / dryer today in a Scotsman CME506, it also had a bad water level sensor and a bad water inlet valve. She humming now!

Manitowoc is my LEAST favorite ice machine with Hoshizaki a close second.

THAT ICE THICKNESS SENSOR, on the front "drape", it has a RED wire going from IT to the circuit board. MAKE SURE those leads are clean; remember, IF that does not do it, then replace that sensor.

PLEASE let me know how it goes, but I would also call Delfield tech support on it.

I got this information from them; BUT there is a way to test the little booger. It was a hot test and a ohm test, but I can not find the notes on that machine, in fact yours may NOT have the ice thickness sensor on it,

Good luck,

From talking to lots of people; it seems as though it THAT sensor is about all that goes wrong with them.