PDA

View Full Version : Dual safety relief valves on old York manifold

Chellam
11-09-2010, 02:04 AM
Hi all. I work in an older plant and have to replace several sets of dual safety relief valves on York manifolds. Rather than the valves being in line with the 'selection' stem of the manifold as in typical dual safety manifolds making it easy to tell which safety valve in in service, these valves are set perpendicular to the stem making it a 50% guess, for me anyway. Has anyone come across dual safeties like this before? If so, when the stem is backed out all the way, which valve is in service, the left or the right?

charlie n
11-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Here's the information for the valve.

chilldis
11-09-2010, 02:39 AM
this appears to be the same design as a Cyrus Shank valve manifold. It has been years since I have seen one but I believe they are still around. Check "Cyrus Shank" as a search term online. They should have some info for you.

Chellam
11-09-2010, 10:29 AM
Thanks much. Great help.

Terron
10-12-2010, 06:28 PM
There should be a 1 or 2 on the valve body. If you have the number 1 port on your left. Turn the stem counter clockwise and port 2 should be put in operation, So port one is able to be changed. Then Turn clockwise to put port 1 in operation and port 2 in stand by. Hope this helps...