PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pool Heat Pump

elex
10-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi all,
Can anybody recommend a make of heat pump, for a swimming pool installation ?
it needs to be about 30kw

sumsor
11-09-2010, 03:23 AM
Mitsi Electric do a city multi, and also Daikin. I'm sure there are a few more.
Have you got some more specific information?

nike123
11-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Mitsi Electric do a city multi, and also Daikin.

And what that got to do with swimming pools?:rolleyes:;)

sumsor
11-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Well, I assume elex is looking for a hot water heatpump, right?
Mitsi have a heatexchanger that goes with their city multi system( up to 25kw) and Daikin have their Altherma system.
Or am I on the wrong track here?

desA
11-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Must be an endless amount of Chinese wannabe heat-pumps available. :)

nike123
11-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Or am I on the wrong track here?
Well, you are theoretically OK, but financially there is no need for such expensive systems to work on that simple task.
Also, he probably doesn't plan to heat swimming pool at -15°C ambient.

nike123
11-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Hi all,
Can anybody recommend a make of heat pump, for a swimming pool installation ?
it needs to be about 30kw

Check this:

http://www.calorex.com/pool-heating/commercial-swimming-pool-heat-pumps.htm

r.bartlett
11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
We are a UK repair agent for Nirvana a Canadian HP manufacturer. Pretty good units and the factory is always ready to assist and cover any warranty no questions asked.
http://www.ambientcontrol.co.uk/content.cfm?cID=201

sumsor
12-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Well, you are theoretically OK, but financially there is no need for such expensive systems to work on that simple task.
Also, he probably doesn't plan to heat swimming pool at -15°C ambient.

Oh yeah, sorry! I better not dare to post again.:(

Peter_1
12-09-2010, 08:09 AM
The Altherma nor the Mitsubishi can't do this job because they don't have a titanium exchanger. Within a 1 year, the heat exchanger will leak.

nike123
12-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Oh yeah, sorry! I better not dare to post again.:(

I don't see a reason for you to be offended.

Peter_1
12-09-2010, 10:18 AM
me neither

nevgee
13-09-2010, 09:39 PM
I didn't see if the heat pump was for indoor or outdoor application.
Heat pumps for indoor swimming pools are designed to handle the ventilation of the pool hall and to maintain a suitable temperature and humidity and air quality. In the process of dehumidification the recovered heat is returned to the pool water or air as required. More sophisticated units also have an air cooling mode where the heat would be rejected to ambient when the pool water temperature is satisfied.

Outdoor pools usually are heated with an air source heat pump, some can operate in ambients as low as -10C/ -15C

In all cases the pool water heat exchanger needs to be designed with consideration of the pool chemistry. There is a misconception that pool water with chlorine causes corrosion issues. However, this is not necessarily the case. If the water chemistry is maintained correctly then there should be no problem with corrosion of cupro & copper materials. Usually the main culprit for corriossion issues with pool equipment occurs when the Ph value falls too low, below 7.0 or, there are too many people using the pool without showering, kids cause problems also with organic material being left in the pool, :mad: and the free chlorine levels drop below set values. Then Chloramines are created as a byproduct of chlorine and this is very corrosive.

desA
14-09-2010, 05:25 AM
^ Do not p in the pool. :)

elex
14-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Many thanks for your replies