PDA

View Full Version : problem with sanyo vrv

HARRY 7
09-09-2010, 04:34 PM
I have a problem with sanyo vrv SPW-C1405 DXHW8.
It has three outdoor units with seven indoor.
I begin the system in cooling.The indoor units begin
but the outdoor begins for about ten seconds and then stop.The fan begin to work for twenty seconds and
the stop.The same thing happens again and again.
No alarm to the control panel.
What could be the problem?????

acnerd
09-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Hello Harry7

I'm no expert on this equipment, but I had a similar problem. I had to call the Sanyo boys in and they discovered faulty pressure transducers on one of the systems. The other system had been contaminated with OFN and within a few seconds the system was at 30 bar and had to stop on safety. Perhaps put your gauges on and see what the discharge pressure does? Just a suggestion.

HARRY 7
09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi acnerd!The problem is that there is no alarm on the
display.Did you have exactly the same problem??

acnerd
10-09-2010, 04:17 PM
The 3 systems I worked on had a touch-screen central controller to run all 50 fan coils. The fault codes are normally at the bottom. But, yes in this case I didn't know why the system wasn't working. There was no fault code. During the winter, only 1 condensing unit was actually running and producing frost, the other two just sat there, doing just about nothing. That's why I got the Sanyo engineers in to check the system with their latop. Only at this point could I see that the system would run for a few seconds and then cut out on high pressure protection.

HARRY 7
10-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I see acnerd.Do you have sanyo program?
Or i have to call sanyo??

CraigMac0113
13-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi Harry

On the moment the outdoor unit stops, does any abnormal led's flash on any of the outdoor boards? Even for a few seconds?

HARRY 7
13-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Hi CraigMac0113.I did not notice anything
in the outdoor boards.Everything seems to be ok.
But even if something happened shoudn't i
have alarm in the control panel?

acnerd
13-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I see acnerd.Do you have sanyo program?
Or i have to call sanyo??

Sorry mate, they wouldn't even give me a copy. I guess if you have exhausted all other options, you will have to get them in. Best of luck in finding the problem.

techguy
21-09-2010, 10:03 AM
HI Harry,

Have you checked the Refrigerant pressure on the system as Anerd suggests??

I work for SANYO and I will help if you
can. But first I need all the basics checked.

Can you give me a list of outdoor units model numbers and indoor units the number and type also have you set all the switches correctly on the outdoor units.

Normally in an alarm situaton the outdoor unit will start and then stop for 5 times before it actually shows a fault.

If you reset the power before the 5th time it resets the timer and a fault will never show. My advice would be set the units to test cooling and go have a coffee for 30 mins . When you return the system should show an alarm.

If you need any further help let me know.
T

HARRY 7
21-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Hi techguy:).Thanks for reply.The unit was
working properly.The dip switches are set ok.
I was about five hours there.
The outdoor units behaved like i wrote before.
No alarm in the control.

Another technician went and said{i was not there}
that three pressostats are faulty{he did not say which}
a pcb board and three hats.

What is your opinion??

Zaff
21-09-2010, 06:11 PM
What are the model numbers on the other 2 outdoor units? You can mix 4 and 5 series but the 5 series has to be the master outdoor.
Did you switch off at the outdoor once it stopped?
if it is a group of 3 outdoor units on the same refrigerant circuit, have you set the dials and dip switches correctly?
S006 and S007.

HARRY 7
21-09-2010, 06:14 PM
I do not have the model of the other two
outdoor units.The dip switches are set correctly.
The unit was working.

Zaff
21-09-2010, 06:24 PM
We had a similar problem and it turned to be due to the combination of 1404 and 1405, the 1405 had to be made the master unit to work properly.

HARRY 7
21-09-2010, 06:30 PM
The 1405 is the master unit.
I do not remember the other two units.

HARRY 7
22-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Is there any service checker for the sanyo
units??

bill1983
22-09-2010, 07:27 PM
hi harry 7
there is
however, it may not give you the answers you are looking for.
if you fit your gauges, and post the details you have been asked for, ie pressures and exact details of the system including model no's and dip switch details the more help it will be possible to give.
kind regards

HARRY 7
22-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Hi Bill.Thanks for the reply.
As i said another technician went and found
the above mistakes.I do not know how he found them.
Where can i find that tester??

bill1983
22-09-2010, 07:51 PM
you will need to discuss that with your local distributor i'm afraid. they are not usually released onto the open market. the sanyo one i believe is a software program with just an interface cable required between laptop and sanyo comms unit

HARRY 7
22-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Thanks Bill!If you find anything.
Please let me know..

techguy
23-09-2010, 09:58 AM
HI Harry 7

Yes there are service checkers for the Sanyo units. But usually only Sanyo Distis have them.

I doubt very much if 3 pressure sensors and a PCB have failed. It is possible one pressure sensor has failed or a combination of a Pressure sensor and a PCB.

But you can connect a standard SANYO remote controller to the outdoor unit on terminals 3+4. Then enter the Maintenance mode and check the differant parameters of the outdoor unit while its running.

Please see attached Doc.

My Advice is
1.connect a standard remote controller to the outdoor unit on terminals 3+4

2. Enter the monitoring mode by pressing the spanner and cancel buttons at the same time for 4 seconds.
Using the temp/day up down buttons advance to code 0C this is your High pressure sensor temperature. Compare this to Gauge temperature if theres a differance the sensor is faulty. The outdoor unit will unoad and at 28 bar. and shut down at 33 bar. So if the pressure sensor is reading an incorrect value this could be your problem.

3. Using the unit button it is possible to switch between this data for the 3 outdoor units . So it is easy to compare the 3 outdoor units. So while displaying 0C press the unit button and the display will change from the master unit to the first slave outdoor then by pressing the unit button again it will jump to the same data for the second slave outdoor unit.

If you don't have a SANYO standard remote. Switch off one of the indoor units and take one of their remotes. The indoor unit will not go into alarm if it is nor running.

My Name it Tony I am a Sanyo Tekkie based in Ireland my phone number is 00353 87 9155301. So if you have any difficulty call me from site. I'll be glad to help. Feel free to pass this number to your colleagues if you need to.

techguy
23-09-2010, 10:02 AM
sry Doc atached

HARRY 7
23-09-2010, 01:57 PM
ok techguy!thanks for the help!

HARRY 7
24-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Hi techguy.To connect a controller to the outdoor unit requires a cable.Do you know where i can find it?

sigorst
24-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Controller will come with small piece of cable that has a plug on it.

Plug this into the controller, and extend it if you wish.

Wire this cable into terminals 3&4 at the outdoor unit (same connections that connect this unit to the slave unit).

You can get a special cable that plugs onto the outdoor PCB, but the above will do the same job.

HARRY 7
24-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks sigorst for the help.
Can i check the same things from the indoor controller??

amerillove
24-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Great resources. Air conditioning is one of those amenities that's easy to take for granted if you have it, and—on a hot, humid summer day—easy to covet if you don't. In fact, in relatively warm climates, central air conditioners have become more the norm than the exception. In addition to cooling, they dehumidify and filter air, making it more comfortable and cleaner.

sigorst
24-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes.

The only difference is that you can only see the indoor data on the indoor unit the controller is connected to.

So if you want to read indoor unit data, you will have to go to each controller.

HARRY 7
24-09-2010, 07:38 PM
It is one controller for all the system..

HARRY 7
24-09-2010, 07:44 PM
this is the controller

sigorst
24-09-2010, 07:52 PM
That is a central controller, so unfortunately you cannot get any running data.

The controller you want is a RCS-TM80BG

http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3733&stc=1&d=1285354262

HARRY 7
24-09-2010, 07:54 PM
So i have to buy it?

sigorst
25-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Yes you do.

techguy
27-09-2010, 10:11 AM
HI Harry,,
If there are standard remote controlers on the indoor units. You can use one of them. Simply take a reote cotroller off the wall. Including the wiring plug and go to the outdoor unit and connect it to terminals 3+4 on the master outdoor unit.

Listen don't waste your time in here any more you have my number call me to discuss this .

Regards

Tony

HARRY 7
27-09-2010, 04:23 PM
There is not techguy.I have to buy the controller.

techguy
28-09-2010, 09:04 AM
AH I see the problem said the blind man

Do you have a standard Toshiba remote you can use one of these also??

If not then you should buy one or borrow one from someone.

Sry for the misunderstanding.

techguy
01-10-2010, 05:09 PM
HI Harry,

I could lend you a controller if you really need one. Give me a call and we'll arrange something.

T