PDA

View Full Version : R22 Deli Counter

the rock
09-09-2010, 04:21 PM
hi

i have been given the job of changing a deli counter running on R22 to a new refrigerant and to be honest i don't know a lot about catering equipment
would it be possible to just change the outdoor condensing unit and the TEV to run on say 404a
the unit fitted at the moment is a maneurop
GM18-4YM does any one know what unit i would have to replace it with or could anyone point me in the right direction
any help with the above would be most appreciated

the rock

CHilly1
10-09-2010, 11:59 AM
hi

i have been given the job of changing a deli counter running on R22 to a new refrigerant and to be honest i don't know a lot about catering equipment
would it be possible to just change the outdoor condensing unit and the TEV to run on say 404a
the unit fitted at the moment is a maneurop
GM18-4YM does any one know what unit i would have to replace it with or could anyone point me in the right direction
any help with the above would be most appreciated

the rock

I would forgo the R404 option, Ask a few questions first, Why the request to change away from R22? IS the system operating properly? Has the system had a history of leaks What oil is currently in the compressor? Is the danfoss compatible with Polyolester? Dupont has three blends 407 a,b,c available that have simmilar capacities to R22. Some danfoss compressors are suitable for use with other refrigerants such as R507/404 or 134A, . But basically what I am are doing with R22 equipment that is operating and not leaking is to leave it alone and keep it in as good as possiable service, currently R22 is about the same price as all the replacments, why jump the gun. New systems for me the choice is R507 for low/ medium temp systems, I have been experimenting with ICEON 89 for -10 to -20 F systems but from 38F to -10 F R507 works fine and is fairly energy effecient in this, I do recomment a slightly larger condenser than what you woud see with R22, you will need to figure the capacity nessassary for cooling the fridge and make sure you will have the condenser nessassary to use R404/507. The simplest choice is to remove 95% of the oil in the system and use R407A, this gas has the best match of the three available for R22 Replacment in your application. Also R422D from iceon is availabe in US and Europe here is a link add www to the following and to the end and replace the DOT(s) emersonclimateDOTcom/documents/2007CC-13%20R1DOTpdf Copelands replacemnt giude In the us there is also NU22 I dont know the maker but a few shopes here are using it, I am sticking with R22 in existing equipment and awaiting compressor failure and or the refrigerant wars and fallout to subsite as it did with R12 and R502, I still keep some around for old systems as prices have fallen to resonable now, Keep in mind that to answer to your customers best interests you may need to slow play teh change out thing until we get valid data on all the refrigerants available. R134A and R404 arehas been showing issues in capillary tube systems (I believe it is the R134A component in R404 that is the issue, I have discontinued using either in new systems and use alternatives with all repairs with either refrigerant) zero call back is the goal!

the rock
14-09-2010, 07:08 PM
thanks for the reply chilly1

its interesting to read your comments
so far all of the suppliers technical people have recommended using 404a
the customer is changing all of its systems as they breakdown and not carrying out any repairs on any R22 units
i will do a bit more searching on the web and let you know how i get on

the rock

lowcool
17-09-2010, 02:34 AM
use 507. your problems solved!