PDA

View Full Version : R22 to Ammonia

Asheesh
09-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Can R-22 compressors be used in Ammonia System. If yes do I need to make some changes?

Sandro Baptista
09-09-2010, 09:15 AM
Yes, If it is an open compressor.

Change all parts/fittings that have cooper on its own composition. Change gauges, pressure controls.

Changing seals is also a good idea. Also change the oil and filters. Maybe change the oil 2 times at minimum is a good idea especially if you can use the oil separator so it would be better cleaned.

Watch out if the same regimen of operating is possible with R717.

gregd1401
09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Are you just going to use the compressors or are you thinking of retrofitting the whole plant? Also what brand of compressor are you talking about?

Asheesh
10-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Are you just going to use the compressors or are you thinking of retrofitting the whole plant? Also what brand of compressor are you talking about?
I am planning to add two Sabroe HF 163 Screw(R 22) compressors in my existing ammonia system.
Regards

Asheesh

Asheesh
10-09-2010, 04:23 AM
Yes, If it is an open compressor.

Change all parts/fittings that have cooper on its own composition. Change gauges, pressure controls.

Changing seals is also a good idea. Also change the oil and filters. Maybe change the oil 2 times at minimum is a good idea especially if you can use the oil separator so it would be better cleaned.

Watch out if the same regimen of operating is possible with R717.
I am planning to add two Sabroe HF 163 Screw(R 22) compressors in my existing ammonia system.

Regards

Asheesh

Sandro Baptista
10-09-2010, 08:50 AM
Check the oil cooler just to be sure. The oil cooler with NH3 for the same regimen needs to release more heat from the oil.