PDA

View Full Version : help reqd

coolhibby1875
08-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Hi all, i need a electrolux gp12bb compressor which i cannot source anywhere as its seemingly oil cooled, however to look at, its the same as any other electrolux compressor, Question is i can get a electrolux gp12fb or gp12cb wich are both pretty much the same but they are fan cooled compressors, does that mean i can fit one of these and just fit a decent sized fan motor to cool the compressor body and all will be ok?

Latte
08-09-2010, 10:37 PM
seems an obvious question but have you contacted electrolux in Birmingham direct, if so what did they say, if not ive got to speak to them in the morning as im doing a job for them and will ask the question

Latte
08-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Thermofrost might be another outlet worth speaking to. Electrolux compressors now sold under the cubigel label so may be worth searching this.

Youre post doesnt give too much info on the pot, gas type etc but thermofrosts compressor catalogue is at http://www.thermofrostcryo.co.uk/Product_downloads/downloads_refrigeration.htm

Anyway hope this helps

Regards

Latte

coolhibby1875
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
cheers latte, i tried thermofrost they dont have the comp reqd, will call electrolux and ask