PDA

View Full Version : Please help me with my project!

06isDriver
08-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post! Im currently working on a small project of mine and need some technical advice. Please forgive me, I am a newb.

I have a masterflux dc compressor rated for a little over 5000 btu at 30 amps. They sent the compressor with a # 8 fitting on the high side and a #10 on the low side.

The problem I'm concerned with is that my evaporator and condensor are run in .25 outside diameter line. Will there be any problems with reducing the size down to what I need on the high side and enlarging it up to the low side?
:confused:
Also if there arent any problems with that, where should I mought my access ports to get the pressure readings I should rely on?

Thanks in advance

06isDriver
08-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Also, the compressor is using o-ring fittings but everything I have is flare and I dont have the money to switch it all out. Any problems running an adapter on the compressor fittings? Will that lead to problems in the future?

Brian_UK
08-09-2010, 06:59 PM
Which model compressor is it ?

06isDriver
08-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Sierra 02-0434Y3

06isDriver
09-09-2010, 08:36 PM
anybody out there?

Toosh
09-09-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post! Im currently working on a small project of mine and need some technical advice. Please forgive me, I am a newb.

I have a masterflux dc compressor rated for a little over 5000 btu at 30 amps. They sent the compressor with a # 8 fitting on the high side and a #10 on the low side.

The problem I'm concerned with is that my evaporator and condensor are run in .25 outside diameter line. Will there be any problems with reducing the size down to what I need on the high side and enlarging it up to the low side?
:confused:
Also if there arent any problems with that, where should I mought my access ports to get the pressure readings I should rely on?

Thanks in advance

What does Tecumseh say about it

Brian_UK
09-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Sorry but the compressor fittings that you mention don't mean anything to me here in the UK.

I see, from the spec sheets, that the compressors are supplied with basic copper pipe tails. Are these O-ring fitting brazed onto those tails? If so, can you not remove them so that you connect directly to the copper tail?

With regard to the access fittings, it depends what pressures you want to measure as to where you put them.

One each of compressor discharge and suction at least.

What sort of expansion device are you using to control the system operation?

anybody out there?Please be patient, not everyone is waiting on your every word. The forum covers the world and the many time zones therein.

06isDriver
09-09-2010, 11:30 PM
#8 = 13/32" od
#10 = 1/2" od

Yes the fittings were brazed on by the reseller. I dont know why they chose #8 and #10 when #6 and #8 would have probably been matched better. I'd rather not cut them off because they were brazed very close to the the compressor housing and I fear i would damage it trying to do that.

i have a condenser from another 5000 btu system with some sort of coiled expansion tubing already attached. I figured if it worked for it it'll work for mine. No?

If not how do I size the correct expansion valve?

Also I understand I'll need a high and low side port, but I was thinking that the pressures could be skewed if i mounted it on a section of larger diameter tube than was actually used throughout the system (.25")

Also I apologize for seeming impatient. In other forums I am a member of, the thread pace is very fast. I can see this place operates on a slower pace, thats cool.

06isDriver
09-09-2010, 11:33 PM
Tecumseh says talk to Masterflux.

Masterflux says talk to the technical sheets. The technical sheets dont really tell me what to do in this situation.

Brian_UK
09-09-2010, 11:37 PM
The coiled expansion tubing could be fine. Would suggest fitting a filter drier in the line before the expansion capillary tubing.

The high and low pressure ports can be fitted to any size pipe the readings will not be affected by the main pipe size.

Sorry, I'm unable to suggest any solutions to your connectors as I can't see them from here ;). Does the reseller have any matching connectors to go with those fitted?

Peter_1
10-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Also I apologize for seeming impatient. In other forums I am a member of, the thread pace is very fast. I can see this place operates on a slower pace, thats cool.

That's because we all have a regular job and we first have to work before we can play on the computer and help others

tbirdtbird
10-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Post pix of these fittings we don't seem to be familiar with them

06isDriver
10-09-2010, 03:19 PM
That's because we all have a regular job and we first have to work before we can play on the computer and help others

I have a regular job too, so you can save your attitude. In fact if it werent for my regular job, you wouldnt even have a computer to "play" on.

just like if it werent for your regular job, we wouldnt have ac systems to comfort us. It's all relative so dont put yourself on a pedestal.

tbirdtbird
10-09-2010, 05:38 PM
not for nothing you just dissed a very knowlegable mod

06isDriver
10-09-2010, 05:46 PM
you have to earn respect....and you dont do that by being continually being rude. I apologized once for what some may have seen as impatience.

I should not and will not tolerate further belittling to accommodate someones ego....mod or not.

CARSTENSEN
29-09-2010, 06:25 PM
You can get mating fittings from Doc' Blocks.

As for the size of the fittings, these are approproiate for the compressor. Also, the compressors come with and without fittings. The part numbers are different for both.