PDA

View Full Version : Return Air through Pocket Door Space

dazataz
08-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Has anyone ever done or even thought of doing :) a RA utilizing a Pocket Door Space - We could put a RA Frame in the existing wall also. This Frame and space around the door opening itself would be the Grilles for one RA Trunk. It would save a PITA padding out and making an existing room layout ugly.

NoNickName
08-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Supposedly RA is Return Air. Isnt' it?

Now, in order to be able to answer your question we need to know the air flow rate, the external static pressure of the fan for the rated air flow, the size of the door and the gap gauge around the door.
With that, I can calculate the air speed in the gap and the approximate pressure drop.

dazataz
08-09-2010, 06:24 PM
Supposedly RA is Return Air. Isnt' it?

Now, in order to be able to answer your question we need to know the air flow rate, the external static pressure of the fan for the rated air flow, the size of the door and the gap gauge around the door.
With that, I can calculate the air speed in the gap and the approximate pressure drop.
( :
Yeah and you know it's not an issue ( : With a 36" x 1 3/8" thick door inside a 3 1/2" cavity....
(3 1/2 - 1 3/8") x 36" = 76.5 sq in
Now, if that were actually equal to a 10" dia (it'a a bad aspect ratio), we'd be losing .04 ISP over 100' and the velocity is 459 FPM.
None of this is necessary, by observation everything for flow is cool. I'm wondering if anyone actually does it. ( :

brunstar
10-09-2010, 09:35 PM
take an inch off the bottom of the door if the flow rate is not too high..