PDA

View Full Version : Job Opportunites / Apprentice

OttoDan
07-09-2010, 03:34 PM
Hi guys, I am new here, this is my first post.

I have just enrolled onto a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning course at college, I have no experience in this sector and have to do a year in college 'technical cert' before I can start an NVQ.

I was interested to know the main companies that would take on as an apprentice someone like myself. I have funded the college course myself to try and get into the industry. But as it is only one day a week, there is room for some hands on experience.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Also hello :)

Tayters
10-09-2010, 05:05 PM
I did the same as you and sent out a load of letters to smaller firms. Eventually got taken on but the firm was many split bashing, still beggars can't be chosers.

From there moved to a supermarket firm (WR Refrigeration). Chucked in at the deep end, learnt loads, worried a lot, came out better for it.

Space engineering have taken on some of Tesco that WR previously had. Plenty of work backing up (much like their produce drains) so if yer game and up for a challenge then hopefully they would take you on. Failing that then a trawl through the Yellow Pages might be a good start.

All the best,

Andy.