PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone help please

Norma555
06-09-2010, 04:56 PM
2 weeks ago i bought a new Whirlpool under counter freezer the model is Whirlpool AFB910 Under Counter Freezer. A rated.
The old model I replaced it with was a C rated
I have it in the kitchen, it is not near any other appliancies, it as got plenty of room all around it, and there is no heating in the kitchen but it always seems to be starting up, I have it set on Normal which is halfway.
All day long it starts up for 4 minutes and stops for 8 minutes and that goes on from when I get up in the morning until I go to bed at midnight. It never seems to vary.
The old one I got rid of hardly turned on, so I am worried I am using a lot of electric, could anyone advise me please.

Yuri B.
06-09-2010, 06:13 PM
Too small differential, something must be wrong with its thermostat, or its controller, if there is one.

sedgy
06-09-2010, 06:17 PM
hi norma,
the new A rated should be a lot more econominal, it all depends on the temp setting between the 2 units what is the temp now ,and what was it before? < try turning it up a bit <

chemi-cool
06-09-2010, 06:26 PM
the new A rated should be a lot more economical, <

Will you please give us an example from your experience?

Personally, I don't think that A rated will save more then 5 Watt per hour.

Norma555
06-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Hi Sedgy thank you for your reply.
The settings were the same on both freezers both were set to normal, the new one I turned down to a lower setting but it made no difference, still on for 4 mins off for 8 mins

sedgy
06-09-2010, 07:28 PM
hey norma , did you say lower? so is that a colder setting?

Norma555
07-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Sedgy,
I use a freezer thermomater in my freezer and both the old one and the new one are exactly the same minus 18c

sedgy
07-09-2010, 05:08 PM
hi norma,
yes I see the setting -18c but what is the temp ? most stats are just a switch and as so there can be a few 0c difference between 2x stats, if its a new unit , can you get it tested by the suplyer? hope you get it sorted las,