PDA

View Full Version : LG 10.5 kw cassette timer problem

Andy W
22-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Last week I installed a 10.5 kw cassette heat pump, installed it fine, works a treat, only problem is I cannot get the timer function to work, I need it to start and stop automatically every day but after following the instructions in the book which are not very good, it just will not happen. The only problem that I can think of is when the machine arrived it had no hard wired remote controller so I had to fit one from a 14 kw cassette I had waiting to be fitted but I have been told all the remotes are the same, I have spoken to one of the authorised distributors today and no one has got back to me, I have been waiting 5 days for information now and I cannot get paid until the timer is working. Has anyone else had this problem?

rbartlett
22-06-2005, 09:01 PM
where's that bloody picture!!!!!

anyway to set the time/timer function you have to press the reset (which is the last button you'd think)

http://www.lge.com/support/manual_gcsc.jsp

go here for lg tech stuff and downloads which will give detailed info on the controller

cheers

richard

frank
22-06-2005, 09:13 PM
LG seems to be good stuff - here is an excert from their web site : :D
Do not touch the metal
parts of the product when
removing the air filter. They
are very sharp!

eggs
22-06-2005, 09:36 PM
If only there were any metal in the things!!!
Just a pile of cheap nasty plastic. ugrrrr yakkkk.
never again.

cheeres

eggs

Abe
22-06-2005, 11:34 PM
This is my new LG 14 KW cassette just started up in a restaurant heart of Leicester.

Works sweet as a nut!!

Abe
22-06-2005, 11:38 PM
I posted the darned pic..........where the hell is it???

Andy W
23-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Finally got a fax from LG but it does not tell me any different from which I already know. The machine will start up on timer but not switch off on timer, but if you manually switch it off it will automatically restart the next day.....odd!

Abe
23-06-2005, 07:50 PM
If only there were any metal in the things!!!
Just a pile of cheap nasty plastic. ugrrrr yakkkk.
never again.

cheeres

eggs

Imagine lifting a heavy metal panel up to roof level.........no plastics fine Eggs, and theres a world shortage of steel anyway......The Chinese are buyng up, have bought a hellava lot of it.........maybe who knows, will use that steel to make ac covers!!!

So your wish could prove true after all........

:)

Andy W
24-06-2005, 07:24 PM
LG have now admitted that it is likely that they have supplied the wrong controller.................oops!

Abe
24-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Finally got a fax from LG but it does not tell me any different from which I already know. The machine will start up on timer but not switch off on timer, but if you manually switch it off it will automatically restart the next day.....odd!

I installed some heavy stuff in a Mosque Andy, they specified units switch on and off automatically five times a day, each start programmed to start half hour before each prayer session.

I talked to LG, did a few nifty modifications on wiring, built a small panel with time switches

Works a treat...............

frank
25-06-2005, 07:09 PM
I installed some heavy stuff in a Mosque

Hi Abe

The last time we worked in a Mosque they wanted us to work without shoes on as the carpet was considered holy or something. Then they wanted us to walk around with cloths over our heads while we were in the prayer area. I said that it was against Health and Safety laws to work without boots so we had to put down dust sheets everywhere - what a nightmare!

Did you have any similar problems?

Oh, and by the way, it took them 10 months to pay us :mad: