PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Double door fridge problem

Crypton
02-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Hi, My sister has a samsung double door fancy fridge thats giving her some grief at the min. I work on commerical fridges so I am new to this. She tells me that the freeer is working fine but the fridge part started making funny noises over the last while. Now the noises have stopped but the fridge part is not keeping temp. Before I go out to it has anyone got any tips on what to look for with this model. The fridge is 3 years old. Is there still warranty with this model? Model number rsh1dbrs1/xeu serial is 891442BP600018w

Thanks for your help

mikeref
03-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi Crypton, sounds to me like you have a dual cool(twincool).Like canetoads, the problem spreads. If this is similar type, then in the fridge section bottom 1/3, the plastic pannel can be removed. 2 or 4 screws hidden under screw covers. This pannel holds the evap.fan and where the noise is. Careful when removing pannel as the insulation behind can break off if ice is present. common problem is defrost element failure but other times its just a hickup. let me know how it went.. mike

344martin
03-09-2010, 06:59 PM
There is a mod for this. pm me your email and I will attempt to send you the relevant attachments

Anttman
04-09-2010, 08:45 AM
the 'defrost' drain in the foam under the evap fan has frozen up. hence the noise -fan hitting ice- then fridge not cold-fan frozen into ice-yes there is a factory mod for this, but i get rid of all the ice etc etc. then take a thin piece of soft metal, wrap it around the adjoining element pass and gently slot the panel back into place, being sure not to have end of metal tag jam the fan assembly. every time the fridge has a defrost cycle. heat from the element is transferred up the tag and keeps ice in the drain clear. dont worry the element doesnt get hot enough to start melting the foam. good luck

Crypton
07-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Lads, thanks for your help. It turned out exactly as you said. The fan was hitting the ice hence the noise and the defrost drain was covered in ice. I defrosted with water and put back together. I never made any adjustment with a small piece of steel. However if its presists I will go down that road. Thanks again for all you help.

Rob.Madden
05-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Hello mate, just been reading this thread. We have the same issue with our Samsung rsh1dbbp1/xeu. Can you email me the relevant attachments? Thanks Rob - rob.madden@hotmail.co.uk

Magic8
17-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Anttman, we are having the same problem, every 6 weeks we have to defrost either by leaving off for a couple of days, or take the cover off and use a hair drier.
I have read on some of these forums that it might be a sensor fail !
Also about a small clip to fit onto the element, do you think just fitting this clip will fix the problem ?

pearse
17-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Hi 344martin,
would it be possible for you to send me the attachments. as i'm having problems with a RS20ccsv.
any info would be great.

kunta
15-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Not too sure where the model number is. Could some one email me the attachements on pipol@yahoo.co.uk