PDA

View Full Version : kelvinator model ksr25f

celtic air
02-09-2010, 09:35 AM
can anyone explain why on kelvinator ksr25f that when you run on heat or cool you have no voltage on terminals 3 and 4 can not work out what wire is heating call unit is reverse cycle split system a/c unit indoor pcb has been changed by other contractor help would be appreciated:cool:

celtic air
02-09-2010, 09:36 AM
does anyone ever reply and how do you check if someone has replied to a previous post

paul_h
02-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Describe the wiring diagram or link a photo / MS paint mock up.
No, odds are no replies within 1 minute!

If you are dealing with an archiac dumb outdoor unit and 5+ wires, normally the last interconnect is r/v
ie compressor, neutral, fan low, fan high, r/v
Judging by the model number though, a 25 is a small unit and just has 4 interconnects,and power to the indoor, so no fan speed high or low, just fan. So interconnect should be comp, neutral, fan and r/v

But there's hundreds on combinations possible usually.
Main things that people you are asking the questions to have to know:
outdoor has mains?, indoor has mains?, active switched?, neutral switched?, completely dumb outdoor?, or defrost control board or sump heater in the outdoor?, outdoor comp relay or indoor PCB mount comp relay? are some of the possibilities for example. A link, more description or a drawing would help. This is a UK based site, so busiest after their working hours, and of course they don't sell kelvinators as a brand over there. And I don't have much to do with them since they are not very good, used to be LGs just rebadged kelvinator, but now are chinese designed (not just manufactured, but have all the features of a cheap design)

If it's a kelvinator about 5-7 years old, it's based on an LG if that matters.
If it's a new kelvinator, when they went to the lowest bidder so I don't know who designed and made them yet.

Also I can't remember if they are similar to samsung. Biggest problem with samsung is they made a lot of cooling only units and would try sell you a cooling only PCB when ordering a reverse cycle PCB.
So look at the PCB and make sure there's no missing relays. There's normally a bank of them said by side, so if there's a missing relay spot next to the rest, then there's your problem with heating.

edit:
Also just remembered LG sell their PCBs in kit form. ie general purpose PCBs that the repairer has to make bridge and resistor connects to suit the model (applies to old kelvinators as I have done this with kelvinators too). If this situation applies and the repairer just slapped in the new board and threw away the instructions and extra parts, well then I expect it wouldn't work right either.

jimbo82
14-09-2010, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure about this model but I believe the newer Kelvinators are made by Midea - they even have an almost identical instruction book.

lawrence1
15-09-2010, 07:03 AM
celtic air.
I have a Fujita here which i think is by Midea.Wiring is.

1. COMPRESSOR
2. NEUTRAL
3. 4 WAY REVERING VALVE SUPPLY
4. CONDENSER FAN CONTROL FROM PCB

lawrie