PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba

bernard
20-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi

Is it just toshiba who solder a 5 amp fuse on there P.C.B. board.So annoying,I think it is a real con,so I soldered a fuse holder in place,do they really expect people to buy a new P.C.B board?Why is there also a resistor with a glass case round it.

Regards Bernard

freezy
20-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Hi

I have been told you can get "piggy back" fuse holders from somewhere like RS.
Thse clip onto the connections of the broken fuse and you then insert a new fuse.

Temprite
21-06-2005, 09:37 AM
No not just Toshiba...

Daikin are soldering fuses on the boards of their latest inverter wall mounts. 3.15a

Also found an LG with a soldered on fuse.

Just solder on a new fuse.

Usually if fuse is blown then board is probably no good.Varistor might be shorted or various other problems.

bernard
21-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Hi

Its not so easy to solder a new fuse in as you tend to find the solder within the fuse melts even with a heat sink.If you buy a new board and that fuse blow it can become expensive.

Regards Bernard

chillin out
22-06-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi Bernard

Why not just take the old fuse off and solder in some 5amp fuse wire?

freezy
23-06-2005, 11:57 PM
Why not use my idea,am I invisible? :confused:

bernard
24-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Who said that? :)

Sorry I couldn,t resist it,I had a quick look through R.S cat today but could not see them,they would be ideal.

Regards Bernard

techguy
11-07-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi B
normally when a unit has a soldered fuse on the board there is a second plug for the offending cable or cables on the secondary side of the fuse IE. u get one chance if u blow the fuse u can bypass it. If the Varistor is blown just break it off the board its only there to blow in case of an overload or bad wiring. Manufacturers don't usually tell you this. Dont know how many mitsu boards i changed until I learned this simple fact. Mitsu dont use soldered fuses but the Varistors do blow.
C Ya
T