PDA

View Full Version : good small wallmount

gwm121
01-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Until recently there were a few exceptionally good small wallmounts 12000 btu about, the fixed speed mitsi and sanyo were superb. Power was to indoor so easy
Now
sanyo... changed,made in china, not a/a
daikin... atx ambient is plus10, power to outdoor
mitsi-h.... very heavy large outdoor unit,no longer cheap
fuj ....... Not very good cabinetry notcheap
samsung not sure of track record/relability/spares

Anyone come across a good not expensive 3.5kw reliable wallmount power to indoor reasonable weight condenser reasonable low ambient performance for uk?

techguy
01-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Sanyo Still sell the DOL 3.5KW unit but you would have to install a speed control on the outdoor unit for low ambient cooling and relay to bypass this in heating mode. Very resonably priced.

They do of course have DC inverter units but the 3.5kw unit suitable for low ambient cooling is a bit more expensive.

Imp
09-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Hitachi Inverter low cost, high spec. Power to indoor or outdoor. 20dBA noise. 35vDC. 20 metre pipe run. Pre charged to 20 metres. Looks smart. No brainer.
Samsung walls also okay and similar price but not as good a spec.
Mitsi Heavy do a very low cost fixed speed model not sure about reliability though. It's a bit of an over the counter product.

Andy AC
09-09-2010, 11:19 PM
Got to agree with you on the hitachi, wonderful bit of kit.
I really like the massive heat output on the small fujitsu's but getting them to bits for maintenance is a nightmare. If anybody knows how to undo the screws that hold the metal guard in, (to stop you sticking your fingers in) please let me know - the last one I ended up cutting out with my side cutters.:mad:
The mitsi heavy ones look too cheap - great bang for your buck though. However plastics are cheap and suffer from uv and become brittle very quickly

Andy