PDA

View Full Version : New member

gmg0049
31-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

As the post suggests i am a new member to the site and would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself,

Im in the REME and serve in Germany as a vehicle mechanic and have recently attended the forces mobile aircon course.

I am very interested in taking up some sort of refrigeration work when i leave the army and any help or suggestions regarding training would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone out there has a problem with there Main battle tank / armoued fighting vehicle etc i'll try and return the favour lol.

Brian_UK
31-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi GMG, (General Machine Gun?), and welcome to the forum.

Hope that you enjoy it and enjoy the change of direction.

monkey spanners
31-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi GMG,

Welcome to RE. A friend of mine did a two week course when he left the army, then came to work with my old employer for a few years, he left a little while before me and is now head engineer at another company.
I think its a fun job, i hope you enjoy it too.

Jon :)

andyc425
01-09-2010, 04:22 PM
hey mate I left the army a year ago done a 3 week course in air con and refrigeration along with essential electrics and 17th edition they offer discount for forces and u can use elcas funding aswell google techtrain and go onto site and go on 15 day air con course youl find wat u need on there

Daz97
26-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Ello mate
hows the resettlement going? All good I hope.
I'm a vm too & out nov next year.
I'm guessing we're in the same boat pal (but hopefully with paddles and not up a well known creek!!:D)
I'm also looking at refrigeration training..have you looked at H.A.L training services based in Doncaster? ELCAS number 1551. They offer bolt on electrickery cses as well.
Good luck mate, if find out any tops I'll pass em on
L8rs
Daz

wood
07-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Hello everyone!
i am aami,.. I am new to the forum.
welcome to all here.,,, I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that People can share their experience with eachother.