PDA

View Full Version : LG ducted AC B30AHY661 fault CH 76???

jimbo82
30-08-2010, 07:11 AM
Hi everyone, does anyone know what fault code CH 76 means? I rang LG and they said their codes end at CH 73!

The story goes: I switched the AC off at the breaker so I could rewire a zone motor (which is separate from the AC, just steals power form the interconnect) as some peanut had wired it up in reverse and when we turned the unit back on the display shows CH76 and won't do anything else. Yes I know LG are the worst AC's in the world and so does my mate who owns it hopefully someone has seen this before. Unfortunately the previous owner had installed it in the house to sell it. God LG's and Midea's are the worst AC's ever. I call them the landlords special ;)

paul_h
30-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I'm no expert on LG
But tried "jordansmanuals.com" ? Statewide spares, an LG parts supplier in australia, sent me there for tech info.

Edit: sorry, found the a/c there under service manuals, but nothing it it really.

But the main thing that goes wrong with LGs are capacitors for the fan or compressor, indoor PCBs for ducted and outdoor PCBs for wall splits, so start there I guess.

Maybe you've done something to the comms when stuffing around with the indoor board terminals?

edit: codes do go higher, like into the triple digits, but seems theres nothing between 70s and 80 from what I have, it's like a blank spot in their numbers for some reason, probably exist but only to LG themselves.
Maybe see if you can LED flashes from the outdoor or indoor PCBs?

jimbo82
02-09-2010, 02:26 AM
Thanks for the info Paul, I've got more time to suss it out now since I chucked in my job yesterday doing resi wireups of AC's and gas heaters. The bosses son was an idiot. Now I have to find a local with a builders licence in AC who will give me a reference so I can finish my application off. I already have one builders reference but they demand 2 here which is a royal pain. I was getting one from the place I just quit from but I'm not holding my breath now!

I always knew LG were crap, and this is now the final proof when it shows a fault code that even LG doesn't have any record of. The zone motor switches were in a seperate wall plate next to the controller using switch mechs. I tried unplugging the controller and plugging it back in a couple of times which seemed to reset it but it would revert to CH 76. I will head back up there and check the head unit and outdoor connections and see if I can get any LED fault codes like you suggested. That blank spot is really a blank spot to LG, I rang them and twisted their arm and all they could say was 'that code doesn't exist are you sure you're reading it the right way around?' and their suggestion was that the controller was faulty. After checking connections my mate can get the service guy out and let him waste 6 weeks trying to fix it.