PDA

View Full Version : self contained glycol system

kengineering
29-08-2010, 04:56 PM
My boss claims that one of competitors has developed a totaly self contained glycol refrigerator. We have been building remote blue systems but I've not heard of one that SC. Ken

Brian_UK
29-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Ask him for proof.

kengineering
30-08-2010, 09:19 PM
He asked me again today. I did my best to explain that you still would need a refrigeration system to chill the blue stuff.

NoNickName
30-08-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't understand what do you mean by "self contained".

kengineering
31-08-2010, 11:47 PM
I don't understand what do you mean by "self contained".

Blue systems have a remote condensing unit(typicaly outside or in a basement) as usual but the evap is a heat exchanger that chills the glycol fluid down to 25*f. which is circulated to several heat exchangers or refrigerators. Self contained just means that it is a single refrigerator and all mechanicals are onboard.

NoNickName
01-09-2010, 07:25 AM
And where's the news? Brine chillers have been around for decades.

kengineering
04-09-2010, 03:42 PM
I believe the difference would be physical size. The reference would be your kitchen. Not sure brine chillers ever made in that size nor is there a demand. That being said, the "Big Cheese" boss has calmed from the idea. Thanks. Ken

NoNickName
05-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Again, I am able to design a self contained brine chiller in the space of dish washer or even smaller. I don't get the whole idea here....

kengineering
06-09-2010, 02:37 PM
NNN, I guess it's just that I've never seen one nor can I find info on / or components to build one. Thanks, at least I know my searching will not be in vain. Guess I'll keep on searching. Ken

NoNickName
06-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Just let me have the required capacity, operating conditions, refrigerant and working fluid and will select the components for you. If you have any drafting skill, you will then be able to design the housing.

Dan
06-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Hi, Ken. Are you familiar with Hill Phoenix's Semi-self-contained fresh met cases. Coolgenics is their monicker for it. There is room to add a small condensing unit underneath, but it would be a bugger to service. Regardless, all the working parts are there.