PDA

View Full Version : R22 Chargin pressure

maltamarco
29-08-2010, 10:19 AM
HI guys

Please can some one tell me, what is the charging pressure range at the suction site and and the discard pressure range for a LBP R22 hermetic compressor

And what conditions determine to use LBP and not HBP compressors,

And internally what is the difference between LBP and HBP

Thanks
Marco

james10
29-08-2010, 10:28 AM
pressure is merley a side effect of temperature which is what you need to look at the temperature will vary from system to systemfor instance if you had cold room you wanted to be at 0 degrees c you would be looking at a saturated suction temp of -5/-8 degrees c using a comparator wolud give you the equvilent preesure for this temperature

maltamarco
29-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Hi James

Please note that I have little knowledge in refrigeration !!

I have a 1/2 copper pipe coiled inside a water tank to cool the water from 30 to 14 degree Celsius and am using a LBP 12 cc 404a compressor but am using R 22 instead. With this information that I am give in you, Is it possible that you tell me what pressure I should give at the suction please ?

Marco

sedgy
29-08-2010, 01:11 PM
hi marco , have you read about R 22 ? the industry is trying to cut down its use , it is said to be detromental to the atmosphear, you say the comp, is for 404a why not use that?

maltamarco
30-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Hi Sedgy

Yes I know that they are phasing out R22 . am using R22 instead of 404 because I still have left some R22

Marco

monkey spanners
30-08-2010, 07:40 PM
HI guys

Please can some one tell me, what is the charging pressure range at the suction site and and the discard pressure range for a LBP R22 hermetic compressor

And what conditions determine to use LBP and not HBP compressors,

And internally what is the difference between LBP and HBP

Thanks
Marco

There isn't a correct pressure, it depends on the evaporator load and condensers ability to reject the heat gained in the evap and compressor.

LBP are found in freezer low temp systems (think low suction pressure)
HBP are found in chiller and air con systems (think high suction pressure)

The two types of compressor will have different displacements for the same motor power, a LBP comp may be overloaded in HBP applications.

Jon :)

sedgy
30-08-2010, 10:20 PM
hi marco , so you are using R22 cos you < or your firm < has someR22< not because its killing our atmosphear but because your gettin it free , I am glad most of the fridge engineers thinkabout the world befofe themselfs
cos time is running out for YOU , and your kids , all the best - see you on the other side, not down there thats where they burn the fosgeen

sfnz
02-09-2010, 10:50 AM
R22 is not a L Temp refrigerant, to run it.....and it will run at medium temp......in a 404A LT compressor you are going to need a crankcase pressure regulator to protect the compressor motor which will chop severly into your capacity......LT with R22 is courting disaster with burnt out discharge valves due to high discharge temperatures, the only real way to use R22 as low temp is via a type3 or bigger Bitzer with a watercooled head. as for temperature/ gauge pressure.......well that depends on a bundle of factors you could begin with 230 over 60 though that also depends on your expansion device...........enjoy.......

casstrig
02-09-2010, 05:22 PM
The difference between LBP and HBP is in the design of the compressor.LBP compressors are for freezers and high for fridges the motor size will be difference and very often LBP compressors will have an oil cooler as low suction pressure require more cooling.