PDA

View Full Version : VRV II heat recovery

Andy2010
27-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Hello all,

New to this site, hope some of you gifted engineers can help.

I have a new site I was called out to where they have an REYQ14M7W1B outdoor unit with three compressors. One inverter and two direct on line. Only two compressors run, the inverter and the 1st direct on line. Great I thought its in emergency mode, but when I checked the settings in mode 2 found its not in emergency mode. One strange thing I did note was on the remote controller, when you press the test button 3 times you are supposed to see the size on the outdoor unit which in this case was 012 which I think means it’s a size 12 unit. So then I set the dip switches on the PCB to a size 14 unit and reset the power but this made no difference.

Is there another way to change the size on the system? It seems the unit is a 14 but is set to a 12.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andy

VRVIII
27-08-2010, 05:37 PM
Are you sure the third compressor was required to run? What was the operation mode and running pressures?

You would need to connect a service checker to see the unit capacity.

The pcb hp dip switches only have effect on a spare part pcb as the original is programmed in the factory and can not be adjusted.

Is it possible that someone could have exchanged the pcb from another unit to verify if the board was faulty?

Andy2010
27-08-2010, 11:44 PM
Hello VRVIII,
Thanks for replying.

Are you sure the third compressor was required to run? What was the operation mode and running pressures?

Yes there is lack of cooling capacity, the gas charge has been checked and is ok. Low pressure is about 150psi so should load up the compressors.

You would need to connect a service checker to see the unit capacity.

I checked with the Daikin tech who told me to check the remote controllers by pressing the test button 3 times.

The pcb hp dip switches only have effect on a spare part pcb as the original is programmed in the factory and cannot be adjusted.

I know there is a Mode 3 on the outdoor PCB settings, but there is no mention of this in the service manual.

Is it possible that someone could have exchanged the pcb from another unit to verify if the board was faulty?

No only two units on site, both are the same model.

Hope that helps.

Andy