PDA

View Full Version : Whirlpool trouble

Quality
25-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Hi guys I have got in my own kitchen an american style fridge freezer , a Whirlpool S20BRSB21-A/G I have got a clue what it needs to repair it .

Basicaly it still refrigerates but the user control panel on the front is flashing and clicking I am more used to stuff with surge drums and the like please help:o

paul_h
25-08-2010, 05:43 PM
I've heard with whirlpools this fault is common and tends to be a PCB fault.
About two years ago I did research into this for a customer, from memory on UKwhitegoods website it is well documented as being a PCB fault and there's a decent discussion on those forums as to what and why it occurs
I haven't touched a domestic fridge since though so I'm not sure about the troubleshooting and the resolution to the process anymore. Yes it was that WP fridge, that fault and the cost and delay on getting that WP fridge fixed that turned me off domestics forever :D

Quality
25-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Cheers I have read similar info and have replaced the rear pcb to no avail, I just thought I would ask before I replaced the front pcb.

ps. my missus is giving me hell:D

she don`t like going into the garage for milk out of MY beer fridge

344martin
03-09-2010, 07:02 PM
The ice dispenser solenoid, main pcb and control pcb need replacing as per tech bulletin from w/pool

Quality
03-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Yes you are correct new board required at £170

alternatively cut out the four crap Chinese capacitors and replace with one good one for about 5 quid

anyone want any info on these I have loads

ps it has cost about an hour and 5 quid to fix what some so called engineer has quoted ££££££££;)