PDA

View Full Version : Rtac 200

wingman
25-08-2010, 08:21 AM
Hello guys,

Small question, I have a RTAC 200 chiller which always cuts out in High pressure on one circuit.

Thing is, the unit fails in HP even when it's not running. Trane here isn't very helpfull into comfirming it's the HP probe on the oil separator in the discharge line. :( Or an alternate pressure switch.

The probe itself is an AKS from Danfoss. Has anyone of you ever had a problem with those probes ?

Just in case anyone wonders, yes the condersors are clean, subcool etc is ok and the fans are all running in the right direction :D

james10
25-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Hello guys,

Small question, I have a RTAC 200 chiller which always cuts out in High pressure on one circuit.

Thing is, the unit fails in HP even when it's not running. Trane here isn't very helpfull into comfirming it's the HP probe on the oil separator in the discharge line. :( Or an alternate pressure switch.

The probe itself is an AKS from Danfoss. Has anyone of you ever had a problem with those probes ?

Just in case anyone wonders, yes the condersors are clean, subcool etc is ok and the fans are all running in the right direction :D
Link out the pressure switch if it still happens it's the probe if not it's the switch

centrecipew
26-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi, Check out 2 stage HP switch behind HP Guage Plate. ( Danfoss/ Alco ) It may be that the second stage has tripped and needs reseting. You may need to remove the cover to access the second stage trip. Good luck.

wingman
27-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll check that one out moday, they have two of those machines for redundancy so :D. Plus it isn't that warm here anymore.