PDA

View Full Version : Wanabo compressor info PLEASE!!!

dg55117
24-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Simple question I hope and don't know where else to turn.
I need to know the start up draw of a Wanabo ASD 43u6 compressor? It says that it has a LRA of 14.0A but does anyone know exactly what it really draws on start up.. I hope something less than that.
If you know the infor or where I can get it.. please email me at dg55117@yahoo.com.
thanks -unfortunately I need this info ASAP-
Thanks again.
Dave

nike123
24-08-2010, 03:42 PM
LRA is locked rotor amperage.
Locked rotor state is when compressor starts, therefore LRA is max starting current of that compressor.

dg55117
24-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks... yes I understand the LRA but honestly, I've never seen LRA amps on other compressors at start up... ones where I've had equipment to actually measure it. So given the capacitors and PTC I would think it would be less than LRA. I just wonder if anyone has the actual info on this specific compressor because I can't find anything or anyone who speaks english to help me get the answer-
thanks again
Dave

nike123
24-08-2010, 05:34 PM
You have your answer. LRA is starting current of your compressor. But, because of sample rate of your measuring device, it will not register such value since it is present only fraction of time.
If you have clamp meter with high sample rate and inrush measurement function than you will find value like that.

http://www.myflukestore.com/crm_uploads/making_accurate_inrush_current_measurements.pdf