PDA

View Full Version : Fan Blade Balancing?

roberzie
24-08-2010, 04:46 AM
Has anyone ever had any success balancing a fan blade by bending the pitch of a blade or adding weight?

cjay
24-08-2010, 07:34 AM
have manually bent blades before, but dont suggest it as a complete solution, doubt you would be successful adding wieghts, needs to be done by the right people with the right equipment, ie people that balance turbo shafts etc. thou this is reflective of the size of blade too be balanced. If it is a small blade like you would find on a 1/2hp condensing unit, in the past i have bent the blades to match there distance from the cowling surround, i was taught that the blade should sit 50/50 to the cowling

sedgy
24-08-2010, 02:16 PM
hi roberzie, a very difficult job you got , first I would sugest drilling holes< on the heavy side< not adding weights , secondly the fan blade needs to sit on a shaft that can rotate on 2x2wheels so that it can spin , and then rest with the heavy part at the bottom, all the best , ballencing , sedgy

Brian_UK
24-08-2010, 11:33 PM
What type of fan is it?

joeparera
27-08-2010, 07:02 AM
Perfect balance ceiling fans need feature of self correcting, ceiling fan blade balancing system that constantly adjusts ceiling fan blades.

icecube51
27-08-2010, 09:17 AM
why don't they invent selfregulating fanblades, like they use for schipspropellers?

Ice