PDA

View Full Version : Need sea water evaporative cooling tower

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Does someone know any supplier in Europe (preferency) of sea water evaporative cooling tower?

Thanks in advance.

HallsEngineer
24-08-2010, 07:54 AM
I don't think they make them as the salt would destroy or clog everything. Why not just get a PHE and go to a water cooled condenser?

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 05:40 PM
It is not for condensing.

The Client wants to utilize water from sea water because in that way he doesn't need to pay the make up water. The sea water enters on is own process to cooling purposes and get out warmer backing to the open cooling tower where is cooled again. The make up water is done by sea water.

If someone knows any supplier I will be grateful. The construction of the panels of the tower and other materials that are in contact with the sea water maybe should be on plastic material appropriate.

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Guys,

I just have found a suitable company in Europe that maybe can help me. It's Hamon. I'm waiting their quotation.

If some one of you need on the future here is the contact: www.hamom.com

Thanks anyway. However if you know another company it would be welcome.

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry it's www.hamon.com :)

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 06:45 PM
www.hamon.com

Segei
24-08-2010, 07:44 PM
It is not for condensing.

The Client wants to utilize water from sea water because in that way he doesn't need to pay the make up water. The sea water enters on is own process to cooling purposes and get out warmer backing to the open cooling tower where is cooled again. The make up water is done by sea water.

If someone knows any supplier I will be grateful. The construction of the panels of the tower and other materials that are in contact with the sea water maybe should be on plastic material appropriate.
Why don't put warmer water back to the sea? Mother nature will cool it and you don't need a cooling tower. Probably, she will not ask to be payed.;)

Sandro Baptista
24-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Why don't put warmer water back to the sea? Mother nature will cool it and you don't need a cooling tower. Probably, she will not ask to be payed.;)

We are talking a rise on water temperature of 6K aprox. and the flow is 750 m3/h »» Probably our Client have considered the HIGH AMBIENTAL IMPACT since is in a river albeit is near the ocean.

Peter_1
25-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Evapco http://www.evapco.eu/ee/pages/product.php?newpagename=productall&newMODEL=all&closedSUB=0
or BAC (Baltimore) which has a factory in Belgium
http://www.baltimoreaircoil.be/

Peter_1
25-08-2010, 06:27 AM
And a 3th one from Belgium, we bought some cooling towers there

Sandro Baptista
25-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Both of them tell me that for sea water they can't do it. I normally work with them rather with BALTIMORE. They were my firsts contacts.

I think HAMON will be a good choice (I'm waiting is quotation) untill no came another on the list :).

Thanks Peter.

Segei
25-08-2010, 01:21 PM
We are talking a rise on water temperature of 6K aprox. and the flow is 750 m3/h »» Probably our Client have considered the HIGH AMBIENTAL IMPACT since is in a river albeit is near the ocean.
I'm doubt that 750 m3/h and 6K temp. difference will harm the ocean. ;) How are you going to control the scale formation?

Sandro Baptista
25-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Everything is possible until proven the contrary :). It's near the ocean but still a miles from that. Any way that what's the Client has asked for.