PDA

View Full Version : Drain pan Sponge or Paper?

georgedvf
23-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Hello.

I'm having troubles with a very big evaporator wich, because of the size and the air speed, is causing that the water in the drain pan starts to wave and finally drops out to the floor.

Someone told me that in Air Conditioning some kind of sponge or paper was used into the drain pan to reduce this effect.

Do you use it?? Can you tell me what's the name of it??

Thanks!

sedgy
23-08-2010, 09:22 PM
hi george , I have never seen sponge or paper in a drip tray but its normal to have an upstand at 45¨degrees on the front at the bottom of the evap it dose not stop the air flow but holds the water drips down, heres hoping sedgy

georgedvf
24-08-2010, 05:59 PM
Thank you sedgy!

That upstand you're saying, is it field made or the manufacturer send it like that?

sedgy
24-08-2010, 08:26 PM
hi george , you say its a big evaporator so the upstand would be the full length of the same, it would look better if it was made on a sheet metal workshop < bent on a bending machine< asta luago sedgy,

Gideon Beddows
29-08-2010, 10:31 AM
Hello.

I'm having troubles with a very big evaporator wich, because of the size and the air speed, is causing that the water in the drain pan starts to wave and finally drops out to the floor.

Someone told me that in Air Conditioning some kind of sponge or paper was used into the drain pan to reduce this effect.

Do you use it?? Can you tell me what's the name of it??

Thanks!

Its more likely that the static pressure is keeping the water in the tray?

You need a bigger drain trap. If big enough it will allow the water to flow away. Hope that helps?