PDA

View Full Version : Petra chiller

james10
23-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I had the delight :rolleyes: of coming across a petra chiller today. just wondering if anyone else has come accross these units before i found them to be appaling

chemi-cool
23-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Yes,

when they was imported here, I had 4 of them, 1 AC package and 4 water chillers. All are still running nice.

Basic and simple and long life.

james10
23-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Yes,

when they was imported here, I had 4 of them, 1 AC package and 4 water chillers. All are still running nice.

Basic and simple and long life.
Which compressors have they got? the ones i've inherited have bitzer screwwa which i've always found to be bulletproof yet on these chillers (two of them) have gone through three compressors all with earth faults

alan wolf
24-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Hello all

I have worked on a couple in Tyneside area also 1 comp (Bitzer) grounded.

A problem was HP cutting out in winter at below Zero deg C due to CDS fans on ambient control. Units not designed to work lower.

Had to put air sensor in control panel to keep it warmer. kept unit online at a certain hotel where they needed chillers in winter.

Alan

james10
24-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Hello all

I have worked on a couple in Tyneside area also 1 comp (Bitzer) grounded.

A problem was HP cutting out in winter at below Zero deg C due to CDS fans on ambient control. Units not designed to work lower.

Had to put air sensor in control panel to keep it warmer. kept unit online at a certain hotel where they needed chillers in winter.

Alan
What a small world we live in it's 4 comps now

dannycool
24-08-2010, 05:46 PM
I shudder when i hear about petra chillers. We used to install them in a well known high street chemist.
The workmanship was appalling, we used to get them direct from Jordan to our workshop and virtually repipe and wire them.
I think one of our directors toured the factory out there and found them braizing without nitrogen.
Your hotel wouldnt happen to be the Holiday Inn would it?

chemi-cool
24-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Those I bought have Bitzer recip, running smoothly for over 12 years/ I went to to factory in Jordan to buy them, I have picked the models they made for Dubai.

One AC package with economiser runs on 4 15HP Copaland hermetics.

I heard some bad stories but never had any problem myself.

james10
24-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I shudder when i hear about petra chillers. We used to install them in a well known high street chemist.
The workmanship was appalling, we used to get them direct from Jordan to our workshop and virtually repipe and wire them.
I think one of our directors toured the factory out there and found them braizing without nitrogen.
Your hotel wouldnt happen to be the Holiday Inn would it?
not holiday inn i wouldn't like to say on an open forum big brothers watching:D