PDA

View Full Version : Query on working in spain???

chillbill4747
22-08-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, am enquiring about details for working as an AC install/service engineer in spain, would mostly like to know salary followed by what times hours are generally worked.
Am a fully qualified Engineer currently residing in england, but fancy a change and better weather!!

If anyone could help me out with any info i would be much appreciated

Thanks

sedgy
23-08-2010, 06:09 PM
hi chillbill4747, how are you? so you fancy a change well to be trufull I am retiered , you could get a job anywhere in spain < hows your spanish?< salery? you migh have to start on what you are on in the uk show them how its done, and move up as you go on.
qualifications , from what I have seen you may be over qualified , they dont seam to bother< maybe the big firms do? but all the best, nothing ventured nothing gained , sedgy

Quality
23-08-2010, 06:16 PM
A fellow co worker and friend of mine sold up and moved to Portugal about 3 or 4 years ago he loves it

airefresco
23-08-2010, 07:03 PM
I think Sedgy maybe exaggerating somewhat. You do require qualifications to work here legally. You cannot sign off projects if you are not. If youŽre just doing cash in hand 2kW splits in houses, then fine but anything bigger you need qualifications. The regs arenŽt as strict as the UK, for example anyone can buy gas etc, but gradually things are being enforced more.

To be honest with you, I would give it a couple of years and let this recession thing sort itself out. In the meantime, take a spanish course. If you have a good level of spanish, youŽll find it much easier. Mainland is probably different, but here, no-one (or very few) speak any English, and without Spanish I wouldnŽt be able to do anything.

A tip: Good way to learn spanish words for parts is to download the catalogue from Pecomark (spanish NRS) and there you have everything you will ever need.

chillbill4747
23-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the advice gents, much appreciated.
Sedgy do you know if the salary is half decent there?

Quality, i went to portugal on hols about a month ago, lovely country. If you have any more info on it i would be most grateful.

Thanks guys

sedgy
23-08-2010, 09:34 PM
hey chillbill4747 I have seen installs where a guy is on 250e a day but everyone isnt on top wack
airefresco, I have told you a million times that I dont exagerate. asta luago mi amego

Fri3Oil System
24-08-2010, 07:20 AM
Hi,

A good friend of mine came to Spain from England 6 yrs ago. He has his own company of RAC, but he mainly does ac split units. We tried to standardize his city&guilts and other Brittish qualifications here with the "Industry Government delegation" 5 yrs ago, and we are still waiting on their answer. Definitely, you need to be legally registered in different stratums.

To end up, my friend is doing it quite well, always busy, even in winter, nice villa, private swimming pool... even competing with some other Brittish "pirats" who don't pay any taxes or social security to their employees, and who offer 50% of a normal price... anyway, the ac splits market sucks over here.

Regards,

Nando