PDA

View Full Version : McQuay MQC-S900 Expert Help?

wilko123
20-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I dont know if anyone has any suggestions??

We have recently found a reciprocating McQuay compressor struggling to load to 100% our engineer suggested suspected faulty valves etc and recommended a top end overhaul,

We conducted a top end overhaul and found nothing wrong other than the liners on the unloading mechanism side was very difficult to come out. We put back together and found compressor would still not load up after 'apparently purging internal oil lines' and replacing unloader/loader mechanism.

Its getting a little problematic now, and costly and were running out of idea's. Myself not having been properly involved with it im now having to get involved.

Could it be a cracked oil line (all internal to compressor body) something similar? the compressor was a re-man before we got involved with the job. We have performed maintenance there for a couple of years now.

The compressor type can be either part/wind or two speed. and i believe there are various elements of the internal oil piping (different part numbers for same pipe section) for the two types. With it being a re-man im questioning whether the wrong parts have been fitted, this would mean it has been like it since installation which im sure is not the case.

Any words of wisdom welcomed.

sedgy
23-08-2010, 05:05 PM
hi wilko 123, did you whitness the loading mecanism pumped both ways with ofn?

matt p
23-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Hey Wilko,

Is there power going to the solenoids when it's being asked to load up?. I've always found using a magnetic lifter handy when I've wanted to test the loaders/unloaders.

Just got to remember to put a screwdriver in the solenoid head....is the capacity timer working?.

Apologies if you may of already given this a go, was the first thing that popped into my head.

Regards

Matt

wilko123
24-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for you appreciated input....it appears we have confirmed that loading mechanism is fine.

We are suspecting that the loading cages could be too blame, anyone got experience with?

All the best

Wilko