PDA

View Full Version : Want to do refrigeration and Air conditioning short course

rajiv.kumar
20-08-2010, 03:01 AM
Hi!
I am Rajiv kumar from India, now living in Perth, western australia. I have more than 20 yrs experience in refrgertion trade. I worked for Indian Railways for 20 yrs as an AC MECHANIC. I also did part time domestic refrigeration work. Now I am in perth,australia and looking for a short course so that i can get a job in my trade, can anybody tell me about that course. Thanx.

Ross
04-11-2010, 01:58 AM
If you have 20yrs experience then why do you need to do courses? Have you done any formal education as part of your work? I would suggest you look at an RPL pathway (recognition of prior learning).

BradC
05-11-2010, 12:25 AM
I'm also in Perth, Western Australia. I have no suitable prior learning and I've been contacting the various training agencies to see how I'd go about becoming trained on a part-time basis.

Thus far I've been told the *only* way to receive any training in A/C and refrig that will qualify for a refrigerant handlers license is to toss in my existing career, and go and do a 4 year apprenticeship. Not a great option for a 36 year old.

Surely there must be somewhere I can go to be properly trained without having to be working in the trade?

harveer singh
07-11-2010, 11:14 AM
If you have 20yrs experience then why do you need to do courses? Have you done any formal education as part of your work? I would suggest you look at an RPL pathway (recognition of prior learning).

Hey man ,

How this RPL works, actually i m suffering from same prob;lem which rajiv had,

I want to recognise my Indian qualification here in Australia.
Please help me